Toonami

Started by Rynnec, May 21, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 20, 2017, 01:40:33 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 19, 2017, 09:06:14 PM
Quote from: VLordGTZ on November 18, 2017, 02:23:44 AMAs for Black Clover being on Toonami......eh whatever.  The anime is a very mediocre adaption of the manga but still not the worst thing the block has aired by a long shot.  I think the big reason we're getting this over MHA is that Funimation insists on making Black Clover the "next hit battle shonen" in the US by having it on as many venues as possible, and they probably cut a good deal with Toonami to air the show as a result.  It's not going to happen, but they sure as hell will try.
The thing about that is MHA cost them a lot of money, gets a lot of critical and streaming attention, and the manga sells on the level with OPM and AoT. Black Clover is nowhere near any of that.

They're pushing one show at the cost of one that could really put it (and them) over. It's very silly.
I kind of assumed One Punch Man's comic sales were niche level. Even then, AoT level? Really? Wut?
One Punch Man is huge. It's probably the highest selling manga currently running in North America.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Well it was ratings gold on Toonami. I should have seen the writing on the wall.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Won't be uncensored, and even if it is, it's only Aisha's breasts you see so still nothing special. But at least now the overall arc will make sense.

Avaitor

Please tell me this guy isn't the protagonist.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Avaitor

Quote from: Lord Dalek on December 06, 2017, 05:25:08 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 06, 2017, 04:08:21 PM
He is.
Well, you can't say that I don't give something a chance before I bail. Hope the fans enjoy it, at least!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on December 06, 2017, 05:32:32 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on December 06, 2017, 05:25:08 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on December 06, 2017, 04:08:21 PM
He is.
Well, you can't say that I don't give something a chance before I bail. Hope the fans enjoy it, at least!

This show has fans?

Peanutbutter

Avaitor

We're getting a Bebop marathon on the 23rd, and a Super marathon on the 30th.

Also, want to see an interesting throwback? I was reminded of this viewer's choice New Years marathon not too long ago, where fans could vote for their favorite Toonami villains. It's interesting to see what viewers thought of at the time. Majin Buu and Cell dominated; Frieza didn't even rank; The Joker is last in the ranking. Not to mention how Kagato looks like he's only there since Tenchi was still particularly popular at this point. Sailor Moon's peak had come and gone- two or three years ago, and Queen Beryl might have ranked.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on December 07, 2017, 05:22:47 PM
We're getting a Bebop marathon on the 23rd, and a Super marathon on the 30th.

Also, want to see an interesting throwback? I was reminded of this viewer's choice New Years marathon not too long ago, where fans could vote for their favorite Toonami villains. It's interesting to see what viewers thought of at the time. Majin Buu and Cell dominated; Frieza didn't even rank; The Joker is last in the ranking. Not to mention how Kagato looks like he's only there since Tenchi was still particularly popular at this point. Sailor Moon's peak had come and gone- two or three years ago, and Queen Beryl might have ranked.
:wth:

Dreamer2

So, according to one of DeMarco's answers on his ask page, not only is MHA unavailable (like he has mentioned before), but so is Mob Psycho 100. So, I guess neither will be on Toonami in the near future or maybe never. Which would be pretty sad, especially in MHA's case.

(Also, Ancient Magus Bride is also unavailable.)

gunswordfist

Jeez. Did he give a good answer that wasn't "Netflix"?

Dreamer2

All he said this time was that they couldn't get the TV rights of those three.

Spark Of Spirit

:unimpressed:

Unavailable.

I suppose at this rate so is BBB and Ushio & Tora. Yeesh.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton