Comics/Manga Discussion Thread

Started by gunswordfist, June 11, 2012, 06:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Joe Kelly is writing a Deadpool/Spider-Man team-up series, Gerry Duggan is back to continue the story from the recently-ended Marvel Now Deadpool run, and Cassandra Cain is back as a main character in Batman & Robin Eternal. I fucking love superhero comics right now! :joy: :joy: :joy:

gunswordfist

Awesome Deadpool news! I need to get past Deadpool Classic 9. lol

LumRanmaYasha

Bloom County might be coming back. Who knows for how long, though. The series is tied with Calvin & Hobbes as my favorite comic strip ever and I love it to pieces, but the spinoffs Breathed made since ending it, Outland and Opus, weren't very good. So for now, I'm only cautiously excited about this. Hopefully it's a return to form. With the current social and political landscape, Bloom County's satire would be just as welcome now as it was back in the 80's.

gunswordfist

Also, I finished American Vampire Volume 6 yesterday or early last night. I geeked out so hard when one of my favorite characters returned. :shakeshakeshake:

LumRanmaYasha

Ah, it's like it never left. Hope we get some good ol' Donald Trump jabs soon.  ;D

LumRanmaYasha

Went to Barnes and Noble today to take part of their Manga Mania promotion. Buy 2, get 1 free - same deal as with the DC comics promotion a week back. They're also giving out free posters and samplers and stuff like that, which is sweet. I snatched up the Durarara!! and Akame ga Kill! posters (don't read/watch the latter but it's still a free poster so why not?), as well as the Viz and Kodansha manga samplers. I decided to focus on catching up on series I've wanted to collect, so I grabbed me Assassination Classroom volumes 2-4, Yamada-kun volumes 1 & 2, and A Silent Voice volume 1 so that I'd be caught up on all three of those. Wished I had a bit more budget to use so I could've caught up on Food Wars! and World Trigger too, but them's the breaks. Overall, I'm very pleased with my haul, and was glad to see so many other people there to take part in the deals as well. People of varied ages to boot. One guy got a basket and tried to buy like 50 volumes, and Vlord told me later that he had his card suspended.  :D

Foggle

I think my post office likes Cassandra Cain even less than DC's executives do...

Spoiler

[close]

Spark Of Spirit

I didn't know gsf worked at the post office.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

gunswordfist

"We hope we didn't inconvenience you"?!!! Even I'm not that much of a dick about Cain. Any chance they'll recompensate you?

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 24, 2015, 12:40:19 PM
"We hope we didn't inconvenience you"?!!! Even I'm not that much of a dick about Cain. Any chance they'll recompensate you?
I can get a full refund from the person I bought it from, thankfully, but the post office should compensate them. There's no way the package could have gotten this messed up without it being used as a punching bag or something.

gunswordfist

Yes they should. I honestly have no clue how they could have fucked up a comic book like that. It's not like it's glass or anything.

Foggle

That first picture was from before I opened the packaging; it was torn apart, and the destroyed book was poking out the top, the moment it got delivered.

I legitimately think they ran over it with the mail truck or something.