Comics/Manga Discussion Thread

Started by gunswordfist, June 11, 2012, 06:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I would seek a refund from the post office. This is their fault. Your seller should be reimbursed.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 24, 2015, 03:05:24 PM
Yeah, I would seek a refund from the post office. This is their fault. Your seller should be reimbursed.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Viz has licensed Goodnight, Pun Pun.

And so 2016 continues to be the year my wallet is bled dry. It's great to see Inio Asano's most acclaimed/popular/best manga finally licensed in the west.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Was just about to post this!

Life is beautiful. :swoon: :swoon:

gunswordfist

Yes, yes it is.  :'( I really want to catch up now.

LumRanmaYasha

AWWW YEEEAAAAHHH! This is gonna be sweet! ;D

gunswordfist

Oh my fucking God..I feel stupid as hell for not remembering Bolland's name from The Killing Joke. His Cursed Earth art has really made me a fan:

Spark Of Spirit

Wasn't expecting a re-release of this. Never mind in hardcover. Wonder if they'll get Out There next by the same team.

I do miss the Cliffhanger line.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

WHY AM I ONLY JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT THIS

gunswordfist

Wait, Bebop, Rocksteady & Krang debuted in the TMNT animated series? I had no clue...

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Seeing people like Yusuke Murata, Kohei Horikoshi, and Nobuhiro Watsuki (among others) pay tribute to American superheroes (most prominently for Marvel characters) makes me think that it would be cool if Marvel offered some of them to do manga mini-series based off of some of their characters and properties (similar to stuff like the Bat-Manga or the Spider-Man manga from several decades ago). Or they could feature them as guest-illustrators for certain issues of the comics, or even just feature more of their cover art in their releases like they have done for Murata.

With all of the clear influence that both Japanese and American comics take from each other these days, combined with stuff like this along with the Marvel/AoT crossover that came out a couple of years ago, I'm wondering if manga and comic book crossovers may become a more common thing in the near future.

gunswordfist

Godly. I feel sorry for whoever's cover got compared to his.