Comics/Manga Discussion Thread

Started by gunswordfist, June 11, 2012, 06:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Maybe he can do a story on how Stephen Stills came out of the closet in volume 5, since we never got to see how that came around.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

The last time I read the series was when Vol. 6 came out, so my memory of all the side stories is pretty much terrible. I remember Stephen turning out gay, but was there any build up to that? I think that plot point was just kind of "meh" to me because it seemed to have come out of nowhere, from what I recall.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Nel on September 06, 2012, 08:00:04 PM
I'd be down for a series focusing on someone else in their group. Maybe the way their world works changes on whose perspective we're seeing? That'd be an interesting thing.

Man, I still remember the day I bought volume one. I was in a Borders looking for something knew, saw it on the shelf, and thought, "Hey, the guy who did the art for The Windwaker has a comic book!" Rest is history.

Also seconding an animated series.  :thumbup:
Young Neil or GTFO.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: Nel on September 06, 2012, 08:12:03 PM
The last time I read the series was when Vol. 6 came out, so my memory of all the side stories is pretty much terrible. I remember Stephen turning out gay, but was there any build up to that? I think that plot point was just kind of "meh" to me because it seemed to have come out of nowhere, from what I recall.
Well they even joked about that in the last volume, saying that he came out in the fifth, but didn't bother telling Scott (or the readers) since he was busy dealing with his own problems.

Was thee much build-up to Stephen Stills coming out? Not really. But it's not too surprising if you reread the series, since he has no real interest in girls and gets closer to Joseph than any other character. Even when Knives had a brief crush on Stephen Stills, he kinda shrugged her off.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Also, Neil called him Captain Homo back in book 5.

Commode

I'd be down for a series focusing on someone else in their group. Maybe the way their world works changes on whose perspective we're seeing? That'd be an interesting thing.

Man, I still remember the day I bought volume one. I was in a Borders looking for something knew, saw it on the shelf, and thought, "Hey, the guy who did the art for The Windwaker has a comic book!" Rest is history.

I didn't start reading them until around the time the first trailer for the movie came out.  I have the books at home, but I also have all six digitally on my phone, it gives me something to read when I'm on the john.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

(That moment you see someone quoted you and you wrote "knew" instead of "new".)  :unimpressed:

I'm all for some Young Neil focus. I think it ended with an implied relationship potential for him and Scott's sister, and I always found her pretty damn entertaining.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Comeau on September 06, 2012, 08:47:19 PM

I didn't start reading them until around the time the first trailer for the movie came out.  I have the books at home, but I also have all six digitally on my phone, it gives me something to read when I'm on the john.
Go ahead and change your name to Commode.
Quote from: Nel on September 06, 2012, 09:04:39 PM
(That moment you see someone quoted you and you wrote "knew" instead of "new".)  :unimpressed:

I'm all for some Young Neil focus. I think it ended with an implied relationship potential for him and Scott's sister, and I always found her pretty damn entertaining.
Young Neil and What'shername Pilgrim vs The World. :thumbup:

Dr. Insomniac

I still think that Roxanne's still alive in the books. Maybe show her having revenge.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 06, 2012, 09:39:22 PM
I still think that Roxanne's still alive in the books. Maybe show her having revenge.
"To be perfectly honest, I thought of a way to continue / expand the story of Scott and Ramona. I don?t know if I?ll ever do it, and I can?t tell you what it is, but I thought of a pretty good way. It would pick up the ?main? storyline a couple of years later, and incorporate all the main characters (minus the evil ex-boyfriends and Gideon).

And Roxanne was chopped in half. Da fuq you talking about?

Dr. Insomniac

She didn't turn into coins, just into rabbits. And Knives' dad kept one of them.

Nel_Annette

I always figured everything was just playing out the way Scott would see it, anyway. People getting into super battles, exploding into coins, etc. I never thought any of them actually died, just that it was just exaggerating what would otherwise be a mundane situation.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Nel on September 06, 2012, 10:03:37 PM
I always figured everything was just playing out the way Scott would see it, anyway. People getting into super battles, exploding into coins, etc. I never thought any of them actually died, just that it was just exaggerating what would otherwise be a mundane situation.
But that wouldn't be as fun. It's more interesting to think the story ran with fighting game logic. Plus, you can't explain stuff like Subspace by Scott being crazy.

Nel_Annette

Meh, it's what I go with. Otherwise, it's just kind of... yeah...  :wth:

Whatever, artwork was good and the humor was still fun.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 06, 2012, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: Nel on September 06, 2012, 10:03:37 PM
But that wouldn't be as fun. It's more interesting to think the story ran with fighting game logic. Plus, you can't explain stuff like Subspace by Scott being crazy.
Yes you can.  :D