Futurama

Started by Commode, December 27, 2010, 11:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldstar

I think that the reruns of Robot Chicken must be doing well for the block, since Adult Swim has been running them consistently for a few years now, but yeah, if the FOX reruns leave the block, I'm guessing that AS's weeknight ratings will sink like a lead balloon covered in fat people. Besides RC and Aqua Teen, what does AS have to offer on weeknights? Turner could just give the hours of 9 PM to 11 PM back to Cartoon Network, which would be a good thing if CN were to use those hours for something other than encores.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

There are some hardcore fans of [as], to the point that they're sick of Fox shows taking up space on the block. At one con, some of the people who worked for them asked fans if they wanted to see Simpsons on there, and got an overwhelming negative response.

But those hardcore fans do not outweigh the people who just don't care about most of their original shows. Robot Chicken, Boondocks and Venture are probably the only shows that would be missed if [as] go.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Goldstar

Both The Boondocks and The Venture Brothers are good shows, but they're both more expensive to produce than the average Adult Swim show, and as such, the gaps between new seasons can get pretty long. I don't know how well AS would fare with those shows airing every night.

As for The Simpsons, that won't be airing on any cable channel until the series is done on FOX. There was talk of FOX launching a Simpsons channel a while back (of which there certainly wouldn't be a lack of material for), but that likewise won't happen until the series ends for good.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Daikun

Quote from: Comeau on April 24, 2013, 11:27:34 AMActually, I'm hearing that Fox is interested in taking it's shows off of Adult Swim once the contracts end so they can put the reruns on their new FXX channel(the FX cable channel is splitting into to two channels later this year, one for comedies, one for dramas), so I don't see it coming back to AS, if it comes back at all.

AS still has Family Guy for two more years, so they'll remain afloat on that for a while. They also won't be losing King of the Hill, since that's the syndication package.

The Cleveland Show probably won't last long since it only has a few episodes left. I'm not sure about American Dad, though.

gunswordfist

Is Futurama really ending? It sucks to see a show with infinite potential go.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 05, 2013, 02:06:48 PM
Is Futurama really ending? It sucks to see a show with infinite potential go.

Yes, it is. The last few seasons have shown signs of wear though, so it's not a terrible loss. It's better for it to go now than to degrade into something totally unwatchable.

Silverstar

Yep, Futurama's ending...but I'm not disappointed. I can't bring myself to say "Oh, no! It can't end now! It's only been 140 episodes!" That's a good run, more than most shows get. Plus, I noticed a slight but gradual slackening in the writing and stories since the revival (I mean, when was the last time they even did an episode about the delivery service? I'm not saying that every single story had to focus on that, but that is why the cast were all together, and those eps were fun), and if Futurama had been allowed to continue, it likely would've just continued to slowly go south, so I'd rather it leave while it's still relatively good than have it continue to drag on and become a zombie and have me start to dislike it. I'm relieved, actually.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Silverstar on May 05, 2013, 02:47:46 PM
Yep, Futurama's ending...but I'm not disappointed. I can't bring myself to say "Oh, no! It can't end now! It's only been 140 episodes!" That's a good run, more than most shows get. Plus, I noticed a slight but gradual slackening in the writing and stories since the revival (I mean, when was the last time they even did an episode about the delivery service? I'm not saying that every single story had to focus on that, but that is why the cast were all together, and those eps were fun), and if Futurama had been allowed to continue, it likely would've just continued to slowly go south, so I'd rather it leave while it's still relatively good than have it continue to drag on and become a zombie and have me start to dislike it. I'm relieved, actually.
Pretty much this.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It had a good run and I can still at least gladly say that its one of my favorite shows ever, with or without the post-revival episodes, which do admittedly drag down its quality, but bring enough quality of their own to still keep the series's status as a great cartoon.

Dr. Insomniac

Now you realize why we had to put your dog down, boy.

Foggle

WHAT THE FUCK

NO

I HOPE ITS CANCELLATION GETS CANCELLED JUST SO THE SHOW CAN BE CANCELLED AGAIN IMMEDIATELY THEREAFTER

Avaitor

I was just about to post this.

But yeahhhhhh, I can't see this possibly turning out well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

All I see on the facebook page is backlash.

I hope this is just a hallucination or something. Why cheapen something as special as Seymour?

LumRanmaYasha

Welp, if this is as bad as I think it is, no way in hell I can defend the Post-revival seasons anymore. Seriously, even Zombie Simpsons hasn't fucked up THIS bad.... :srs:

Lord Il