Futurama

Started by Commode, December 27, 2010, 11:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

This must be why CC canned the show again.
Thank goodness!

VLordGTZ

The new episodes that aired today were pretty good.

LumRanmaYasha

Well...the newest episodes were pretty great. Hopefully that Seymor episode is a ways off and isn't as bad as I fear it will be. And if it is awful, hopefully it will be the only awful episode of the season. Send the show off on a high note and whatnot.

Nel_Annette

Alright, that twist with the human habitat was pretty cool. I really liked both premieres.

Lord Il

I like Futurama. Other than the obvious character designs, this is a series which never felt as much like a Matt Groening creation when compared with The Simpsons. For myself, the characters managed to stay fresh and the writing has been fairly solid and fun. While its fate might be uncertain at this point, we'll definitely be left with some truly memorable characters.

gunswordfist

"with credits in everything from Nickelodeon's Doug (as both Doug Funnie and Roger Klotz), The Ren & Stimpy Show (as both Ren and Stimpy), and Space Jam (as both Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd)."

I had no clue...
Quote from: Lord Il on June 19, 2013, 06:23:09 PM
Billy West remains optimistic..

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I saw the end of the Farnsworth's parents episode. I was shocked to find out about them and it seemed like one of those special episodes. I thought the ending was really touching. I thought it over and now I'm not going to ignore this season and will actually watch it ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Tonight's episode was pretty good...better than what I was expecting considering the promos they had for it. That said it wasn't an exceptional episode either, merely good, but still I laughed a lot of times. The season is off to a good start so far; hopefully we won't have many clunkers as it goes on.

Nel_Annette

Eh, nothing in it really made me laugh. Lrrr is a favorite character of mine though.

Silverstar

Yeah, this one, "T: The Terrestrial" didn't really do it for me, either. It wasn't terrible, but they've definitely done better.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Nel_Annette

Aaaand this folk-singing episode sucked too. Man, if the episodes continue at this quality, this is going to be a sorry final season.

Avaitor

They did another folk singing episode?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

I'm typically not a fan of the "three segments" episodes on this show. I found "Reincarnation" and "Naturama" rather dull.

However, I LOVED this week's episode. :lol: It's very reminiscent of the studio loan episode from Animaniacs. The parodies were spot-on.

Nel_Annette

Well fuck. After a whole season of bad episodes, they finally hit one out of the park with tonight's. What a gut-punch of an ending.  :cry:

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 19, 2013, 12:17:14 PM

It was just a dream.

I thought the joke worked.

As far as this season as a whole has been going, it's been pretty aight. The only episode I really didn't like so far has been the folk singing episode. Everything else has been either decent to good.