Futurama

Started by Commode, December 27, 2010, 11:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

I think Insommy needs a nap.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 14, 2012, 07:55:02 PM
I think Insommy needs a nap.

BUT HE CAN'T SLEEP BECAUSE HE'S ON REDDI... *shot*

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

The next episode should be airing tonight.

I really did not like the season premiere though. It's the kind of overly political crap that the show relies on too much ever since it's been renewed, and will surely become dated in no time.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

How's the show these days?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

I dunno, I got bored halfway through last season and just stopped watching.

Really went downhill after Bender's Big Score IMO. There's still the occasional great episode, but I've stopped caring about Futurama at this point.

Dr. Insomniac

Like Scully-era Simpsons, where everything feels weird and the writers just seem bored.

Spark Of Spirit

^That.

There are good episodes, but I think I'd rather just Netflix the good ones.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I still record each week, but like all of my other shows, I'm way behind. And I'm really starting to not care if I do catch up.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Maybe I should put this on the unpopular opinions board, but I disagree with all of you. I enjoy quite a bit of the output from season 6, in particular. The show isn't ever as close to as strong as it was pre-Bender's Big Score, but I'd say that I like more than half of the episodes from each season, and there are only really a few episodes in each that are downright bad (mostly because they are just flat-out boring more than anything else).

I haven't been watching any episodes of the current season, but that's only because I don't have access to the Comedy Central channel using my University's cable.

Avaitor

The show isn't at Simpsons territory, where I stopped watching ages ago and hope for its cancellation, and certainly not near Family Guy territory, where I just don't give a fuck about its existence anymore, past or present, but the consistency is way off.

And the topical episodes really need to die. That's still my main problem with the show.

New blog!

Foggle

Yeah, new Futurama's not bad at all, it just doesn't make me laugh. It bores me about 60% of the time.

Spark Of Spirit

Since I don't watch CC for any reason anymore, I tend to forget it on. But the show isn't good enough now that I'd be willing to go out my way to watch it unless it was on a service like Netflix.

Dr. Insomniac

The only show that does topical events well is Boondocks, and only because they use the ones so outlandish they may as well be made-up. While South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy, and Futurama take the "grab current event and make thinly-veiled jabs at it for twenty minutes" route.