Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Eh.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see the clip myself.

Dr. Insomniac

...okay, Hirsch trolled me. I feel so ashamed of myself.

Avaitor

Huh.

I think it's time one of us writes an article on pandering on the blog. I might as well take it, unless there are any other volunteers.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Mr. Big

I don't see it as pandering regardless. It's not like other kids cartoons never showed political figures before (I remember a few appearing in one or two episodes of "Pinkie and the Brain")

Eddy

Yeah, use of political figures isn't pandering. Heck, Animaniacs even had "Bill Clinton plays the sax" in the theme song.

Spark Of Spirit

It depends on the plot, really.

"This is just like that time Romney visited Gravity Falls" is pandering.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 30, 2012, 08:42:03 PM

What if he's the big bad villain?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 30, 2012, 09:16:23 PM

What, Romney?... That would be kinda dumb. The show is about the supernatural and for kids. Keep politics out of it, please.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 30, 2012, 09:17:38 PM

What, Romney?... That would be kinda dumb. The show is about the supernatural and for kids. Keep politics out of it, please.

How do you know he isn't a necromancer coming to GF for some weird ass thing? huh? Huh? HUH?!?!?!?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 30, 2012, 09:30:21 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 30, 2012, 09:17:38 PM

How do you know he isn't a necromancer coming to GF for some weird ass thing? huh? Huh? HUH?!?!?!?
Because the president was the mayor who was frozen in time, remember?

Geez, keep up.  :P

Avaitor

Don't say the phrase "big bad", or you may give Whedon ideas for season 9 of Buffy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on August 30, 2012, 09:31:34 PM
Don't say the phrase "big bad", or you may give Whedon ideas for season 9 of Buffy.
Nah, we already had Mayor Wilkins. Why do it again?

Avaitor

The crazy thing is, he's probably my favorite big bad, too.

I've been catching up with this show, and it really is a hoot.

New blog!

Eddy

The bad news: the newest upcoming Gravity Falls is all about Dipper hating Robbie.
The good news: the episode is about Dipper unleashing a character from a Street Fighter parody game (Fight Fighters) to beat Robbie up for him and the episode is full of retro gaming references.

Kiddington

Sadly, I don't think Robbie (or Pacifica) are going away anytime soon. A lot of the plots thus far have largely centered around their respective rivalries with the main cast, and for some reason I don't see that changing.

...while it's not ideal (Pacifica moreso for me; she is just an awful, awful character), as long as the rest of it holds up, I'm still good.