Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

I feel kind of proud that I helped spread Pinecest. Don't know why.

Kiddington

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Kiddington on September 11, 2012, 09:16:24 PM
:whuh:
Hey, any work of entertainment featuring two siblings is bound to have incest subtext. It's impossible not to.

Kiddington

...but why are you proud of this? WHY ARE YOU PROUD OF THIS?  :srs:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Kiddington on September 11, 2012, 09:39:02 PM
...but why are you proud of this? WHY ARE YOU PROUD OF THIS?  :srs:
Because Faction Paradox. What else?

Avaitor

Sad but true. See Supernatural for proof. Or Wizards of  Waverly Place.

Hell, watch Breaking Bad and check out Skylar and Maria. Serious subtext you're missing.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

This episode... my God, this episode...

If you haven't seen it yet, you have my pity. Trust me, it's that good.

Spark Of Spirit

Good gags, but the plot didn't do much for me. It was WAY to reference-y for my tastes.

Soos stuck in the machine was hilarious, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

"Fight Fighters" was a good episode. I prefer the episodes when the twins work together to the ones where they each have a separate subplot, and I'm really getting tired of the Dipper/Wendy/Robbie love triangle (Robbie must be seriously insecure to feel sexually threatened by a 12-year-old) and I really hope that we'll get a break from the romance for a while, but the video game references made this one for me.

"Oh, no! I have no 'look up' animation!"

"This is as still as I can stand!"

"I'm Dipper! I have shorts and determination!"

"It's a-me, Mabel!"
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Kiddington

Eh, I loved it, but to each his own I suppose.

Dr. Insomniac

This episode will have impossible expectations for me given what I interpreted on Twitter.

Eddy

"I'm slower but I jump higher!"

Avaitor

Watching it now.

You know, even though Dipper and Wendy's story isn't going to go anywhere, I like how it's the young boy that has a crush on an older girl for a change of pace, instead of the other way around.

That was fun, especially for Street Fighter fans. I like how they even put the bonus round in. Now that's how you do it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

This episode is utter proof that Lil Gideon and his dad need more appearances.