Gravity Falls

Started by Mr. Big, June 16, 2012, 08:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Finally watching Weirdmageddon right now. Man, that intro........

Daxdiv

It's all ogre. This is the final season of Gravity Falls. Man, even when the show is on hiatus, Alex sure does have a habit of setting the fanbase ablaze.

Spark Of Spirit

So they're ending it by choice.

Oh well, I can't complain. Season 2 has been amazing. I will definitely be interested in seeing what he does next.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

I figured as much. I'm perfectly satisfied with what we've gotten out of the show, so I'm not disappointed to see it go. I'm glad they're ending it on their own terms, and it's going out on a high note. Hopefully whatever Hirsch works on next will prove just as good.

Kiddington

Not a terrible surprise or anything, just not at all how I was expecting it to go down (as far as Hirsch choosing to end it himself, rather than it being cancelled). Sucks though, it definitely still has some gas left in the tank.

It leaves behind kind of a strange legacy though; I mean, has a show ever taken nearly four years to air only two seasons worth of content? Off-hand, I honestly can't think of one.

Peanutbutter

I'm okay with it. Had Disney XD not schedule the show like and old man with ADD, it probably would have had its third season finished already. I can understand if Alex Hirsh wants to end it partly because of that. Not to mention he more than likely wants to do other work that thanks to Gravity Falls' schedule his hands have been tied to. At least the show is going to have an epic finale no matter what.

Daikun

According to this private video (sorry), the finale airs on February 15.

Daikun

Daikun

A special episode will air just before the finale. "Exclusive Facts" will air on February 8 at 8PM.

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

Just saw the last episode. Great ending! It'll sure be a show to miss.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Pharass

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 19, 2016, 08:57:56 PM
Just saw the last episode. Great ending! It'll sure be a show to miss.

Agreed, a great ending to a great show.
Thank you, Alex Hirsch.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Kiddington

Since nobody mentioned it, the entire series is up on Hulu.

Man I forgot how good some of these early eps are. The pilot was bland, but everything since is as great as ever. I don't think I've seen the ep with Wendy's friends and the haunted convenience store since it originally aired, and I'm kinda wondering why I didn't like this one more.