Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Megalo Box is the only one of those shows that I care about. Glad it got a good review.

Dr. Insomniac

Rynnec

I thought Spyce was good, just not enough to write about it. Which is in contrast to another show I thought was bad but has enough to cover an entire article...maybe two.

LumRanmaYasha

I actually felt Vento Aureo's first episode was one of the stronger first episodes for any Part in the JoJo's anime.  The scuffles with Koichi and Leaky Eye Luka did well to show off Giorno's personality and character, and they presented the mystery behind his Stand Power and revealed it in a creative and satisfying payoff. I also thought it was a great call to get to Bucchiarati's introduction and the iconic "taste of a liar" scene by the end of the first episode, since it gave fans a memorable moment and interesting cliffhanger to close off on, whereas most previous Part's first episodes ended a little more self-contained without a really exciting tease for what'll happen next. Like, for as much as I enjoyed Battle Tendency, Stardust Crusaders, and DiU's first episodes too, they didn't really leave me itching to see Joseph vs. Straits, Jotaro vs. Kakyoin, or Josuke vs. Angelo the next week in the same way this episode got me excited to relive Giorno vs. Bucchiarati and the rest of the story beyond. My opinions might be colored a bit more positive than it normally would've because I got to see it premiere at AX, but I thought it was as enjoyable as JoJo's always been.

This season seems to have its usual pile of shit, but I've heard a lot of promising things about a lot of different shows as well. Zombieland Saga seems poised to be the clear breakout hit nobody was expecting though, so I'm interested to see if it'll be able to carry its comedic momentum all the way through its run.

Avaitor

So this isn't really about a review, but rather something for the board as a whole, I just couldn't think of another place to suggest this.

Anyway, I was thinking of a way to boost activity on here a little, and I remember how a few years ago, some of us did a YYH rewatch together. It didn't get a whole lot of attention- near the end, it was just EK and myself struggling to talk about the last arc. But maybe this would work better if we try it now with another series.

Any ideas which show we should try this with? I was considering an Avatar: TLA rewatch, but I also thought about how this is the anniversary of both Batman: TAS and X-Men, and they also have sequel series coming out soon. Do any of those sound appealing, or is there something else you had in mind?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

A group BTAS rewatch would save me a lot of trouble. Could give us opportunities to do table talks on the show we could put up on the blog.

Avaitor

Actually, what if we do- hear me out- two shows per week? One episode of Batman and X-Men, in different threads. You can watch either or just go with one or the other depending on your mood. It'd be interesting to watch these two simultaneously and see how they changed their studios in the years since.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 12, 2022, 05:06:51 AM
A group BTAS rewatch would save me a lot of trouble. Could give us opportunities to do table talks on the show we could put up on the blog.
I was reading this newsletter about BvS, and it got me thinking about my earlier post and doing roundtable discussions for BTAS.