Introduce Yourself!

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Mustang on June 26, 2016, 04:35:23 PMActually I've been playing catch up on the DC animation films. Batman Under the Red Hood and Year One were the latest ones I've seen. Justice League is always being watched with about a 2-3 month break in-between so I don't grow tired of it. Not so much reading going on unfortunately. I would probably start buying/reading comics online (if there were an option) but I wouldn't even know where to start.

I really liked Wonder Woman, The New Frontier, Year One, and The Dark Knight Returns Parts I and II as far as DC animated films go (and maybe a few others), but most of the last few have really soured my opinion on them. I hated Justice League: Doom, The Flashpoint Paradox, Son of Batman, Court of Owls, and Justice League: Gods and Monsters. However, apparently a lot of other people like those, so maybe you'll find enjoyment in them as well. I personally just really hated how they portrayed most of the characters in those movies myself, though.

QuoteI do have Netflix as well so I'm hoping to start watching Daredevil soon as well.

That's probably one of my favorite currently running shows, though I'm not looking forward to having to wait at least two years or more for the next season. I'd also recommend Jessica Jones which takes place in the same Universe and has an even darker tone.

QuoteTekken 7 is the one I am waiting on. I'll be 32 this August and I haven't screamed like a little schoolgirl since I was about 12. I'm not going to play him, but seeing Akuma got me hyped when he was announced.

I'm still curious to see how an SF character will control in a Tekken game. Playing as Akuma without a traditional six-button combat scheme will certainly feel very awkward to me.

QuoteYou're not alone when it comes to KoF. Even though I liked 13, KOF14 is not clicking with me. While I'm still a graphics whore I'm capable of putting that aside if the gameplay is smooth. And something about KOF14's animation is off to me, kinda like why I don't particularly care for Mortal Kombat. It looks stiff. I'll try it but I don't think I'll invest time into it.

I pretty much agree with all of that.

QuoteI've been tempted to buy Dark Souls as of late just to try it out, but never got around to doing so. Metal Gear, I've had MGS5 for quite some time and still haven't played it. Revelator has been stealing a lot of my time as of late.

Just fair warning on Dark Souls, if you aren't a fan of slow-paced combat, then it definitely won't be your type of game. While I do like the game a lot more than I thought I would, it still feels rather sluggish to me (that's not to be confused with unresponsive, though, because it controls very well). I'm really looking forward to Nioh by Team Ninja, which looks to be like the best thing that they've come out with since Ninja Gaiden II on the XBOX360 (which was 8 freaking years ago). I've always liked the Feudal Japan setting more than the European Medieval one, and while I missed the Alpha Demo, I'm hoping to get a chance to play the Beta in a couple of months. The gameplay style is clearly in the same vein as Dark Souls, but with a bit more emphasis on speed and some combos from what I've seen. It could still suck given Team Ninja's track record lately, but I'm holding out hope for a return to form from them.

I'm slowly working my way through the Metal Gear franchise. I played MGS2 over a decade ago and beat MGS3 recently in the HD collection, and am now about halfway through the original MSX2 Metal Gear. I'm planning to work my way through all of the main games in the franchise (though I'll skip MGS3 after replaying 2 since I already just beat that one), so it'll be a long time before I manage to finally get to MGS5, and based on what I've heard about it I may not even be able to finish that game.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Katie Holt

Hi, I'm not new but am returning after... years away?

I was originally known as beau on here but then I came out as trans a few years ago and changed my display name. Then I kind of disappeared from most forums because social media took over my life more or less. Now I return with yet another new display name, you can call me either of the names shown, I don't care which.

When I was here before I was really into MLP:FiM, these days I don't really watch it. I moved on, simply. Don't hate it now or anything, just quit watching it. Fell in love with different things over time.

I'm most active on twitter by far, you can catch me there if you wish.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Teewhy

Hi! I'm Teewhy! I chatted with some people here like 10 years ago, I hope everyone is doing well.  :)

Avaitor

Oh wow, it's been a longggg time. Welcome!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

HA1L GG

:e_hail: :h_hail: :el_hail: I have returned to one of the greatest forums ever ^_^ I am Ha1l Ilpalazzo but I'll be changing it to my newer nick name GG soon :-)  :il_hahaha:

Dr. Insomniac

HA1L GG

Foggle

Quote from: HA1L GG on February 26, 2022, 07:50:07 PM
:e_hail: :h_hail: :el_hail: I have returned to one of the greatest forums ever ^_^ I am Ha1l Ilpalazzo but I'll be changing it to my newer nick name GG soon :-)  :il_hahaha:
Welcome! Just FYI, it's a long story but Micki! and I were able to get the original Excel Saga Forum domain back last year. While this was being used as the temporary home for that, you can find the original one resurrected at the old URL if you're interested: https://excelsagaforum.com. It's not very active though...

HA1L GG

I found it :-) it has been so long since I have seen you all but a part of me always thought of the old site and you guys  :e_hail: hehehe I still remember these little emojis so much  :e_wink: