Named your pet after a character

Started by Mr. Big, August 02, 2012, 11:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

So, to any pet-owners here, have you ever named your pets after a character or something from a TV show or a movie?

I have a history of naming my pets after cartoons. For years I had a (girl) cat named Tex, after animator Tex Avery. Also had a dog named Rocky, which I named after the flying squirrel (I never realized at the time that Rocky is a common dog's name).

Currently I have a cat named Sweetie Belle, after a My Little Pony character. She was originally just Belle, but after I started watching the show I added "Sweetie" to the name. It fits, though. The cat's white-grey and tiny, like the unicorn.

Avaitor

I named one of my fishes after a Yu-Gi-Oh! card character. I forget which one, but it was one of the darker ones and wasn't Dark Magician.

Oh, and I named my short-lived bunny Dirtbike, after Doug's sister. Since I actually kinda liked the Disney Doug as a kid. don't judge me
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

My childhood pets were two black cats(there was also a third one, Midnight, who ran away prior to us getting the other two), and one of them my dad named Raider after the Oakland Raiders, and the other was named Isis, after a character in an episode of the original Star Trek series which my dad is a fan of.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Mr. Big

Quote from: Avaitor on August 03, 2012, 12:33:00 AMOh, and I named my short-lived bunny Dirtbike, after Doug's sister. Since I actually kinda liked the Disney Doug as a kid. don't judge me
I went "huh?" here since I didn't know anything about Judy being nicknamed "Dirtbike", so I looked it up. I didn't know Doug gained a baby sister in the Disney show.

Avaitor

Quote from: Mr. Big on August 03, 2012, 11:33:33 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on August 03, 2012, 12:33:00 AMOh, and I named my short-lived bunny Dirtbike, after Doug's sister. Since I actually kinda liked the Disney Doug as a kid. don't judge me
I went "huh?" here since I didn't know anything about Judy being nicknamed "Dirtbike", so I looked it up. I didn't know Doug gained a baby sister in the Disney show.
Yeahhh, it was a very minuscule fact. I wouldn't even remember it if it wasn't for my bunny, since the character barely figured into the show beyond her birth in the Christmas special. What's funny is that I think my bunny was actually a boy, but I can't even remember for sure.

Oh, and I also remember that I named one of my fish Cleo, after Gephetto's goldfish in Pinocchio. Although it, like all of the other numerous fish whose names I don't remember, was a beta rather than a goldfish.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

A few weeks ago, I had taken to naming all my goldfish "Emilio" after the one from Kill Bill Vol. 2. I just gave them all the same name due to their generic state.

Eddy

I've never named my dogs after a character (actually, we just kept the name our dogs had when we adopted them) but when I was very young we had fish a lot which we would often name after characters. I recall having fish named Mario, Luigi, C-3PO, Admiral Ackbar, and others.

Though I guess it is kind of silly to name a fish.

Jay L. Corbell

I had a golden retriever named Growlithe when I was little. x:

Commode

Awwww.  Growlithe/Arcanine is one of my favorite Pokemon.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Angus

The latest pet in my family isn't named after a specific character but has a Japanese girl first name so she shows up in anime a lot.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

Oh, I forgot about this thread. It was made before I got Kaylee.

New blog!

Daikun

I have two.

The Adventures of Milo & Otis was one of my favorite movies when I was kid, and when my parents bought cats for my sister and me for the first time, I named my cat Milo. (He even looked like him!) I didn't get to keep him very long, though--he ran away. :'( Thankfully, my sister's cat stayed around.

A few years ago, my parents bought a dog. Elf is one of our favorite Christmas movies, so we named him Buddy.

Nel_Annette

My sister named our cat Lilo after the girl from Lilo And Stitch.

Inkwolf

I have a cat named Ripley, after the Alien fighter.

I once had a dog named Tarkin, too. She was not named after Grand Moff Tarkin, she was named after his widow, who appeared as a villain in a Russ Manning Star Wars comic strip sequence.  I figured a female dog ought to be named after a total bitch....

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!