French animation: Lascars

Started by Micki!, April 27, 2014, 10:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micki!

I heard of this movie very recently, saw clips and found it hilarious, I'd absolutely love to watch it, which I totally could... But it appears it exists only in french... I'm not bothered at all by the dub at all, in fact i'd probably prefer it stayed french anyway, but the problem is the seemingly complete lack of english subtitles..!

I really want to buy this film, but it seems silly to get my hands on a movie that i can't actually understand/follow

I did some research, and I can't tell if I simply suck at finding results, but it appears it wasn't ever released outside France,  or at least not anywhere else where english subtitles were added... (i mean i could go with danish or german subtitles too, if that existed)

Does anybody here know if an english subbed version exists..?
It seems odd it wasn't even subbed, I mean i guess this means it wasn't meant to other audiences anyway, but that's just strange to me, seeing how nice the animation is and all that, i've seen cheaper trash by independant studios go worldwide, so why this one got no wider reception appears really weird to me...

Well anyway, discuss anything related to this movie here, i'd post clips and images, but i'm using my phone to make this thread, and it's a nightmare going through that effort for now...

Anyway, GO..!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Avaitor

I'm not sure, but it looks pretty cool. And I'm always down to try more French animation.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Micki!

It appears extremely crude, humor wise, and there's alot of typical french chauvanism which has its charms when it comes to making dislikable characters likable for all that you should hate them for in reality, and it's pretty graphic at times, but i love the pacing of situations from what i saw, and there are many tiny details in the characters animation that i love to notice...

If anything, i'd still watch it just to see the whacky animation and weird events play out, but i'd prefer actually following the dialogue on my first watching...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'