Oggy and the Cockroaches

Started by Mr. Big, August 10, 2012, 11:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

Okay, anyone remember this show? It's a modern take of the "chase" formula cartoons, with the cat chasing after three (rather sadistic) cockroaches.

It's a French show that originally ran for 2 seasons in 1998-2000. It was revived for third in 2008, then revived again this year.

In USA, season 1 aired on Fox Kids back in 1998. Fox Family then picked it up for reruns in 1999. Alas, the show didn't do as well in the 'States so none of the additional episodes ever aired here.

However, it's doing extremely well in other countries. I think this is why it keeps getting revived for additional episodes. It helps that this show has no dialogue, everything being pantomime instead. Everybody can understand it, and of course there's no need for dubbing on the distributors' part.

Daxdiv

I remember on my vacation this year that this show was shown a lot on the Latin American Feed of CN. I thought it was entertaining. It did remind me of parts of Tom and Jerry, while the art style reminded me of Ren & Stimpy, except without the heavy reliance of gross out gags.

Goldstar

I never saw Oggy and the Cockroaches, although I was aware of it. Oggy was made by the Gaumont Film Company, the same studio that made Space Goofs, aka Stupid Invaders, aka Home to Rent.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!