Hey Arnold!

Started by Eddy, August 14, 2012, 01:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Nah, we need the jungle movie, first and foremost.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2015, 06:21:55 PM

Is that the one where Arnold finds his parents and kisses Helga?

LumRanmaYasha

New Arnold? Hmm, it'd be interesting to see if it happens. Especially if it's the jungle movie.

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 14, 2015, 06:27:11 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2015, 06:21:55 PM

Is that the one where Arnold finds his parents and kisses Helga?
Well, they did kiss in the first movie...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I can't even remember if I saw the Arnold movie. :P

gunswordfist

there's an arnold movie?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Avaitor

It says a lot when you find out that the Wild Thornberrys movie did better.

And while I wasn't even a fan of that show, it was the better movie. Which says even more.

New blog!

talonmalon333

What went wrong with the Arnold movie? I mean, I figured they still had all of the same writers as the show. It's not like Rugrats where a good chunk of the original writers left before the creation of the movie.

Avaitor

It wasn't meant to be a theatrical movie, but just a quick, smaller budget TV movie, which was changed after the massive success of the Rugrats flicks gave Nick the incentive to try it out for theaters. I think the story could have worked for a two-part or even just a half hour episode, but it's pretty thin.

New blog!

gunswordfist

sucks that none of my favorite created-in-the-90s animated series had a sucessful theatrical movie (except spongebob)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on January 14, 2015, 09:12:52 PM
It wasn't meant to be a theatrical movie, but just a quick, smaller budget TV movie, which was changed after the massive success of the Rugrats flicks gave Nick the incentive to try it out for theaters. I think the story could have worked for a two-part or even just a half hour episode, but it's pretty thin.

Funny thing about this was I remember reading something about this in the Nick Magazine issue many moons ago. They described a plot for a Hey Arnold episode playing out like the movie did with Arnold saving the town or something. I think it was probably smaller scale thing he was saving, but bigger than the other episodes where Arnold and the gang tried saving something (That theater, that backlot where they play sports.) I'm guessing somewhere down the line they decided to upgrade it to movie status.

If they do bring it back, I can't wait to see Big Bob move his business model from beepers to Cellphones/Smartphones. I always imagined that's what he would try to run an empire with since beeper became an artifact.

Peanutbutter

I'm not sure how well the jungle movie would do if it came out now. It's been an awful long time so much that I don't know if it would have much of an audience aside from dedicated fans. I think a reboot may be the way to go.

Avaitor

Well in today's market, a theatrical film wouldn't make sense. A DTV or Amazon rental would make more sense, and I think there would be enough interest from hardcore fans and the other people who grew up watching the show as a kid for it to succeed in that kind of venue.

I wouldn't be opposed to a new series, but the movie is still my biggest hope if there will be more Arnold.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Straight to DVD/stream movies like the MLP or DC movies seem to do well enough. It would be nice if more companies got in on it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton