Hey Arnold!

Started by Eddy, August 14, 2012, 01:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Shout! recently had a sale on their Nicktoons complete series collections, and I took the chance to finally get Arnold's set.

$20 for 100 episodes. Not bad at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

A Hey Arnold! tv movie is in the works.

QuoteThe TV movie will feature a storyline that picks up where the original series ended and resolves unanswered plotlines–including the whereabouts of Arnold's parents, long missing from the program.

I'm interested.

gunswordfist

So they really are reviving Hey Arnold!? Ah sweet. That's one half of the series I'd like to see revived on Nick.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on November 23, 2015, 01:48:16 PM

QuoteThe TV movie will feature a storyline that picks up where the original series ended and resolves unanswered plotlines–including the whereabouts of Arnold's parents, long missing from the program.

I'm interested.
Better late than never, but this is all fans really wanted in the first place.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 23, 2015, 04:07:32 PM
Quote from: Cartoon X on November 23, 2015, 01:48:16 PM

I'm interested.
Better late than never, but this is all fans really wanted in the first place.

Yup. If they do Helga's spinoff that would only be icing. The Jungle Movie is all I've really wanted. This is yet another reason Nick has sucked since the turn of the millennium, they overestimated Hey Arnold's chances at the box office just because of how the Rugrats movie did. That movie did well, because just before they added Dil Nick decided to hype the crap out of the Rugrats' diapers. Somehow, they thought lighting would strike twice with Arnold's movie which was supposed to be a TV movie. By TV standards, the movie was fine but it wasn't big enough in scale to justify a nation wide theater release. Now, thanks to that short-sidedness the Jungle Movie that was supposed to be in theaters (and likely would have done better) 15 years ago will now be aired on TV which is great though its still partly because of how screwed up Nick made themselves over the past decade that they're stuffing their old shows back on while not having enough newer creative output.

Avaitor

I'm pretty happy, since this is exactly what I, and many others wanted.

I can't really think of what other revivals will work, though. The jungle movie is all that really needs to happen.

Maybe they can get Melissa Joan Hart back to do an adaptation of Things I Can't Explain? Assuming that it's any good, though- it's on my wishlist, and I haven't heard anything from anyone.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I didn't know/forgot/probably forgot there was an Arnold movie.

The only other thing I want from Nick is Rocko but I don't know if it could be any good. Also, given today's climate, they probably just plain wouldn't allow it..or would neuter the hell out of it..poor Rocko.

Avaitor

If Rocko was on Nickelodeon right now? Probably not.

Cartoon Network right now? Maybe.

Nick in a few years, if they shape their game up? Possibly.

I don't think that Joe Murray is interested in repeating past successes, though. But I'd definitely give anything else he doe a shot.

New blog!

gunswordfist

I never said I expected it to ever happen. :sly: ;)

Daikun

Info dump for the movie.

Arnold and Gerald's original VAs will be coming back. However, they won't be voicing the same characters (because, you know, they're way older).

All the other VAs will be coming back for their original characters, though. ;)

Peanutbutter

That's cool that they'll also get to be part of the movie. Wonder who they'll end up playing?

I can't wait to see this when it airs!

Avaitor

Isn't the original Arnold also the voice of Wolfgang?

New blog!

Nel_Annette

Yeah, he was Wolfgang. And in real life he has the most epic hipster beard ever.

Avaitor

I like the story of why Wolfgang was made- the original voice of Arnold went through puberty between seasons 1 and 2, and his voice became too noticeably different to still be Arnold. But they wanted to keep him around, which is why they wrote the fifth graders in.

And I'm halfway through season 3 now, and still loving it. Except for "Arnold Betrays Iggy", though. Fuck that shit.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

And then the second voice of Arnold went on to voice the rival bully once he got to old. XD

I never finished my marathon from a few years back. I think I made it through a part of season four before I burned out. Should get back to that eventually.

"Arnold Betrays Iggy" was the only episode I skipped during that marathon. Steaming pile of shit, that one.