Hey Arnold!

Started by Eddy, August 14, 2012, 01:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

If they only make one more season after the movie to give "closure" it could be interesting. But I don't think the show should continue past The Jungle Movie just for the sake of it.

Peanutbutter

I'm satisfied enough we're finally getting the series finale we should have had a decade ago. If Bartlett has enough of his crew together and Nick says yes, then I'm fine with at least two brand new seasons. I won't be too heartbroken if a new season isn't greenlit, though. I have a feeling the movie should have enough closure on it's own.

Daxdiv

I am just happily content with the Jungle Movie, though them making a new season of Arnold would feel weird since they would probably air this on Nick proper and that would require people to watch a decades old show to know these characters. Jungle Movie felt like it was made for people my age that grew up on HA and wanted to see a resolution/closure to the series. I would watch it, but since this is Nickelodeon and how they seem to treat their animated shows that aren't named Spongebob and Loud House, I'm not sure how well treated the the series would be.

Daikun

In case you haven't forgot, the Jungle Movie premieres tonight at 7PM.

Peanutbutter

It was a fantastic movie! If you love the show, you'll love the Jungle Movie. First act was like a basic Hey Arnold episode with a good amount of references, the rest was a good adventure with a genuinely decent mystery.

I'm ok with it if this the last new Arnold we get, but if they can still do a whole season I'm there!

FoxKidsLover16

I loved the movie. It was exciting, heartwarming, and funny and had great references. Seeing all these characters again was awesome and the story was very intruging. I will be watching this movie whenever it comes on TV. It's that good.

If this is the end of Hey Arnold!. Well, it had a fantastic run. 100 episodes and 2 Movies, Hey Arnold has the 4th most amount of episodes of any Nicktoon, right behind Rugrats, Fairly OddParents, and SpongeBob.

Avaitor

I finally got to see this, and it's pretty damn satisfying. The humor and heart remain on point for the show, without feeling like a sad throwback like a lot of revivals do. And while it got a little out there for the original series at times, it's a wonderful resolution to a conflict that the series has needed to resolve for ages.

Since it seems like Bartlett and co still have it, I'd gladly watch a sixth season, but this would be a perfect end if that's where it goes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

A spinoff was pitched for Nick-at-Nite in 2000, but was rejected for being "too close to Daria."

The pitch bible can be found here.

Avaitor

Can I be honest? I always thought the Patakis pitch was an exaggeration, like it was something Bartlett considered but wasn't ever seriously pursued. So it's cool to see concept for it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Giving it a read, and he was aiming for the Nick@Nite audience? Didn't they only ever air two original cartoons?

Though now that Paramount's handing revivals to long-dead Nick shows, maybe Bartlett's problem was he came up with this too early.