Wolverine and the X-Men

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, August 14, 2012, 05:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't know if Nick still has the rights to this show, but I decided to put it on this thread since it originally aired on Nickelodeon, anyways.

So, I finally started watching this show. Back when it was airing I only managed to catch the first episode and then didn't watch any of it, but I finally decided to give this one a chance simply because its X-Men and I'd love to see a good X-Men cartoon. As of 3 episodes in, all I can say is that its a very mediocre X-Men cartoon so far. Maybe it could pull an Avengers: EMH and get better later on (since that started out as a pretty mediocre show, as well), but that's my opinion of it, as of right now. Even so, I still already prefer it to that crappy 90's X-Men series which I never liked (and it has not aged well at all), as well as the overrated X-Men: Evolution (IMO). Still, this one isn't really doing much for me, yet. I'll give it at least a few more episodes to see if it gets any better.

Avaitor

It's okay.

I really have nothing else to say about it. It could've been better, but it ended before it could've really been good.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

It's a pretty standard superhero show. Nothing really all that stand-out about it, and they picked some boring X-Men to focus on, IMO.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, while I've never read the comics, I haven't seen a single animated adaptation of Kitty Pryde or Rouge that I have ever liked. I've also never been a fan of Cyclops. Wolverine and Beast are pretty much the only 2 characters that are even holding this show together for me, so far.

gunswordfist

Funny, I thought the show was mediocre at the beginning as well and told you that. I thought you watched more of it than this because of how hard you defended the show.

I watched around 15 episodes. I like it now. More than Evolution and while I haven't really seen it in order, it seems to not take a season or whatever to get good.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Rogue would probably be better if they would stop making her a goth girl all the time and made her more positive and assertive like she was meant to be.

To be honest, I really liked Cyclops in Evo by show's end. He wasn't a boy scout, and actually had a bit of personality.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 15, 2012, 06:04:47 PM
Funny, I thought the show was mediocre at the beginning as well and told you that. I thought you watched more of it than this because of how hard you defended the show.

I didn't defend the show that hard, and I remember that argument. Only ONE episode had aired at that time, and you hated it and I thought it was relatively good. You were praising the hell out of the 90's X-Men series and I was saying how this was at least better than that piece of crap (an opinion that I still stand by). After being spoiled by better superhero cartoons like TSSM and JLU, this now comes off as mediocre, but still not bad.

gunswordfist

*Snickers* You determined that a show was better after seeing two episodes? Talk about an educated opinion. :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

First of all, you can't read, because I said ONE episode (I even emphasized it and you still missed it).

And yes, I saw 1 "good" episode of the show, which automatically makes it better than a show with no good episodes (in fact most of XTAS's episodes were downright terrible).

gunswordfist

:thumbup:

Nightcrawler is probably the best I've ever seen him in this show. I like his substantial role in it, at least from what I've seen. His ship episode is what started to make me gain interest in WATX, I believe. I want to get my hands on DVDs to this show.

gunswordfist

I just finished the show. Outside of my dislike of Marrow and Toad, I have no complaints about WATX. There's not many real standouts moments in the show for me either though. So I'd give it like a 7 out of 10.

So....Mastermind in the future is supposed to be/look like Danger? If so, then I love that. :swoon: I wish they showed the end of that fight. The finale was ok for a season finale, a bit mediocre for a series finale (but to be fair, apparently they didn't know the show would end there.)

Spark Of Spirit

It's a real shame that X-Men has never really gotten a show on par with TSSM, JL/U, BTAS, or A:EMH. I think it's more than due for one.

gunswordfist

True. They have more than enough material to pull that off too.

gunswordfist

Also, them changing the name of Hellfire Club to Inner Circle made me think of Max Payne. I really want to play that game again.