AAAHH!!! Real Monsters

Started by Mr. Big, August 29, 2012, 10:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

Anyone remember this show?

I always enjoyed it. I'll go far and say that I liked this show better than Rugrats. Klasky-Csupo is often criticized for their rather unappealing character designs but it's works to their advantage with this show. Alot of the monster designs were really creative.

Spark Of Spirit

I never really got to watch it.

It didn't air up here and by the time I got Nick it was gone.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

I bought the Season 1 DVD set back when it came out; haven't bought any of the subsequent seasons yet though (due partly to lack of interest, mostly to lack of money).

It's okay. Not one of my favorite Nicktoons, but still better than most of their Aught's output.

Avaitor

I've always been partial to the show, at least more than the rest of the board it seems. It isn't as great as Rocko, Zim or Ren & Stimpy at it's best, no, but it has a good cast and the best usage of Klasky-Csupo's artwork.

I do maintain that the pilot is the best episode, but there are other good ones besides it. The Simon the Hunter eps are really fun, for example.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

I love things about this series. But to be honest, I was never a fan of the show itself. I found it to be okay, but as for the concept (monsters who have to scare people as a sort of "work") I think Monsters Inc. is far more interesting.

Daikun

Kiddington

Hey Nick, how about Rugrats one of these days?  :wth:

Daikun

Quote from: Kiddington on July 25, 2013, 05:18:18 AMHey Nick, how about Rugrats one of these days?  :wth:

I seem to recall you posting this in another thread:

Quote from: Kiddington on December 30, 2012, 10:34:33 PMThis is why, the more and more I think about, I probably wouldn't shell out the necessary big bucks on a Complete Series set. Because quite frankly, a good 60% of it would be a huge waste of money.

Foggle

I think he's probably interested in seeing that other 40%.

Kiddington

Quote from: Daikun on July 25, 2013, 05:53:56 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on July 25, 2013, 05:18:18 AMHey Nick, how about Rugrats one of these days?  :wth:

I seem to recall you posting this in another thread:

Quote from: Kiddington on December 30, 2012, 10:34:33 PMThis is why, the more and more I think about, I probably wouldn't shell out the necessary big bucks on a Complete Series set. Because quite frankly, a good 60% of it would be a huge waste of money.

Why are you holding me to something I said eight months ago? Opinions do change.

Nevertheless, having caught up on the first three seasons fairly recently, I've come to the conclusion that the money would be worth it, even if the classic to clunker ratio is way higher than it should be.

Goldstar

I liked AAAHHH!! Real Monsters!, but not enough to want to pay for a DVD set of the show.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Spark Of Spirit

Any release of Rugrats would be a good idea. That it's the only Nicktoon (the only one left worth anything or doesn't have rights issues) that hasn't had a proper release is baffling being that it was one of the most popular.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

If you don't count Doug at least.

But eh, it doesn't really hold up.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

The fact that I even forgot Doug probably says it all. It's just kind of there, really.

Avaitor

Yeahhhh, Doug's a show which even nostalgia can't save for me at this point, up there with Power Rangers and Pokemon. They're all great for younger kids, but there just isn't much to them when you're past a certain age.

New blog!