AAAHH!!! Real Monsters

Started by Mr. Big, August 29, 2012, 10:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Doug's pretty awful, when all is said and done. Honestly it probably holds up worse than anything from the pre-Spongebob era, aside from maybe like Rocket Power or something (but Rocket Power was always terrible for me, so that's kind of a grey area).

Goldstar

Quote from: Kiddington on July 29, 2013, 12:18:35 AM
Doug's pretty awful, when all is said and done. Honestly it probably holds up worse than anything from the pre-Spongebob era, aside from maybe like Rocket Power or something (but Rocket Power was always terrible for me, so that's kind of a grey area).

Rocket Power is tied with CatDog for my choice of the worst Nicktoon of all time.

But then, I never liked Rugrats, despite it's being loved by many, and I just plain didn't give much thought to Doug. Perhaps I should be typing this in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread...
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Silverstar

Two of my least favorite Nicktoons have always been Doug and Hey, Arnold! I was never into those even when they were new. I just found them both to be really boring and smarmy; most of the Arnold characters straight-up annoyed me, and Doug was so sugary-sweet it gave me cavities, plus I hated that show's minimal, mouth music-y soundtrack. Interestingly, nearly everyone on TZ has mad nostalgic love for those shows, in fact a lot of people on the internet and in real life are fond of them (heck, my own mom was a fan of Hey, Arnold!), so those were just 2 examples of shows that I disliked that everybody else seems to love.

Hey, maybe that could be a thread topic...
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Commode

I like Hey Arnold, and it along with Rocko are the only to Nicktoons I'd honestly say I'd buy on DVD.  I got Rocko though, but I'd pounce on HA Complete Series in an instant.

The rest of the Nicktoons I either don't care about anymore, or I'd be fine just to stream them(even though most if not all of them are gone from Netflix now).
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.