Disney's Best

Started by Avaitor, September 07, 2012, 11:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The thing is, it didn't need to be based on a historical tale. There's nothing romantic about Pocahontas' story at all, and the ending isn't even close to what happened.

They could have done a completely original story with original characters in the same time period and people would have accepted it... I mean, it still would have been a total snooze and disappointment after TLK, but it would have been easier to digest.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I don't think I've even seen Pocahontas in full, but I do remember the film featuring mountains, when in reality there are no mountains anywhere around here.  Maybe in the western part of the state, but not here, considering we are right on the coast.

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 09, 2012, 10:37:24 PMBut 'middle tier'? No, I think of stuff like Aristocats, and Oliver & Company as 'middle tier'... and I like those films.

I see those movies as lot tier Disney (even if they're good). :P

Dr. Insomniac

Everytime I think Aristocats, I just get reminded of that Chinese stereotype cat. Yeah...

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 10, 2012, 12:37:42 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 09, 2012, 10:37:24 PMBut 'middle tier'? No, I think of stuff like Aristocats, and Oliver & Company as 'middle tier'... and I like those films.

Then what is stuff like Home On The Range?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 10, 2012, 12:45:56 AM

Simple. They don't exist in the Disney canon.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 10, 2012, 12:48:11 AM

Simple. They don't exist in the Disney canon.
:D

Oh man, that just sounds awesome.

talonmalon333

They would probably be-

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 10, 2012, 12:48:11 AMSimple. They don't exist in the Disney canon.

Dammit, I can't top that answer. Let's just go with that.