Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry to hear that.  :(

Hope you're feeling better soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I think I'm gonna take a break from Rangerboard for the next week, at least until Saturday. The nihilistic cynicism towards the franchise in general is such a buzzkill for every single thread that pops up. Not to mention the Merch board has been systematicly stripped of all fun by a power hungry manchild of a mod. Too bad the 2 shitstorms he created weren't enough to keep him off the staff.

But I learned long ago shitty mods are one of the constants in life.

Commode

Now that Thanksgiving is all but in the books, I'm starting to inundate myself in the Christmas spirit.  First off is watching Christmas specials, not so much the stop-motion Rankin Bass ones, since I don't particularly like most of them, but the animated ones like The Grinch or Charlie Brown or Mickey's Christmas Carol or, let's say, A Pinky and the Brain Christmas.  Also, movies like Nightmare Before Christmas and A Muppet Christmas Carol are also a requirement.

I'll admit, I really am a sucker for this time of year.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Eh, I'm much more of a Halloween person.

But I'll probably be abusing my Nightmare DVD a bunch.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I'll try to reread Hogfather a few times to get my Christmas on.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So it looks like my current progress in college is good enough to change my major from Graphic Design to Business Administration. Unfortunately, my registration date for spring classes begins today and if I do submit my appeal today, its still going to take a minimum of 2 weeks to get all that done and remove the hold they have to prevent me from enrolling for more classes.

Whoops!

Avaitor

I feel like the only fan of classic movies on here, besides Dalek I guess.

That makes me sad.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on December 01, 2011, 08:07:41 AM
I feel like the only fan of classic movies on here, besides Dalek I guess.

That makes me sad.
Classic movies are great! I just don't watch many films in general. Don't have enough time to, really.

Dr. Insomniac

Been more into books than movies at this point. Mostly since with reading, you can control who's narrating the thing in your head and what the setting looks like instead of having it predetermined by a director.

Commode

Yeah, gettin' drunk again!  Feels so good.

Commode

Fat Tire is a really good beer for the holiday season.  Needed something different to break the Corona monotony.

Kiddington

Eh, I'm more of a Mike's Hard Lemonade man myself, namely because I'm a big sissy and can't stand the taste of most alcohol that I've ever bothered to try.

...have I said too much?  :humhumhum:

Daxdiv

Eh, I'm pretty much Straight Edge in the fact that I don't drink alcohol or smoke.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Daxdiv on December 04, 2011, 11:17:55 PM
Eh, I'm pretty much Straight Edge in the fact that I don't drink alcohol or smoke.
Yeah, I'm already pretty out of it when I'm sober. And a bottle would just be one little push for me.

Commode

Go back to Massachusetts, pinkos!

Nah, it's cool, I know my fair share of people that don't indulge.  I myself drink a lot less now that I'm legally able to than I did in late middle/high school when I wasn't, but I've noticed it's that way with a lot of people I talk to.  As far as smoking goes, I did that too in high school, but now I see it as one of the most pointless and disgusting things that people do.

@Kidd: I've only had Mike's once in my life(my mom drinks it though), and I rather prefer making my own spiked lemonade, just give me some Minute Maid and some vodka and I'll be good.

And I'm so amazed that I actually spelled "Massachusetts" right, without my phone's AutoCorrect having to kick in.