Quote from: Foggle on April 22, 2012, 11:56:27 PM
I am the bone of my keyboard
Friendship is my body and magic is my blood
I have created over a thousand fanfics
Unknown to Nature, Nor known to Treadmill
Have withstood carpal tunnel to create erotic fiction
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited pony works.

What's wrong king of ponies? Do you have enough fanfics at your disposal?

Spark Of Spirit

I really like this show, y'know?

Why are so many fans of it so off the rocker?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2012, 12:00:33 AM
To be fair, those people are just the vocal minority, while most bronies just seem to be normal people who are aware of the fact that they watch a show intended for little girls. The weird bronies are the people you can find in any fandom, from the HP fangirls that ship SnapeXHarry, to the Avengers fans that draw naked pictures of Tony Stark.

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on April 22, 2012, 11:59:42 PM
What's wrong king of ponies? Do you have enough fanfics at your disposal?
Too many! A lot of something is ugly in itself.

Every fandom has its nutters. The bigger the fandom, the more nutters there are. It's all proportional. Since MLP: FiM has tons of fans, there are bound to be a lot of screwballs. Basically, what Insommy said.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 23, 2012, 12:02:53 AM
To be fair, those people are just the vocal minority, while most bronies just seem to be normal people who are aware of the fact that they watch a show intended for little girls. The weird bronies are the people you can find in any fandom, from the HP fangirls that ship SnapeXHarry, to the Avengers fans that draw naked pictures of Tony Stark.
Yeah, but its just so hard to have a decent convo about the show since it always seems to fall back to the dumb memes and Pony King Foggle-style stories that it makes it seem worse than it is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I think it's because since it's a show about ponies, the bad just seems to be magnified far more than your average fanbase's nutjobs would be.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2012, 12:06:32 AM
Yeah, but its just so hard to have a decent convo about the show since it always seems to fall back to the dumb memes and Pony King Foggle-style stories that it makes it seem worse than it is.
That's really how everything is on the internet. Either you encounter memes, power level battles, and slashfic writers out the ass or there's no discussion whatsoever.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 23, 2012, 12:09:59 AM
That's really how everything is on the internet. Either you encounter memes, power level battles, and slashfic writers out the ass or there's no discussion whatsoever.
... Thanks for reminding me.  :srs:

Avaitor

Did I ever mention that I permanently mortified one of my friends by showing him a NOTB/Simpsons mash-up image that we aren't allowed to talk about and certainly not share again?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2012, 12:11:09 AM
Anonymity breeds hatred and stupidity, which can often make proper discussion impossible and civility fruitless. Fortunately, AR is above that. I mean, I don't like what I've seen of MLP, but I don't come into our thread and hate on it like people would do at GAF, MAL, imdb, etc. The closest we have to that kinda' shit is talon and gsf purposefully baiting and flaming each other, which is usually hilarious. I certainly find it nice to visit (run, actually :P) a forum that isn't overrun with memes and rage.

Sorry for masturbating to my own board, lol.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 23, 2012, 12:17:58 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2012, 12:11:09 AM
Anonymity breeds hatred and stupidity, which can often make proper discussion impossible and civility fruitless. Fortunately, AR is above that. I mean, I don't like what I've seen of MLP, but I don't come into our thread and hate on it like people would do at GAF, MAL, imdb, etc. The closest we have to that kinda' shit is talon and gsf purposefully baiting and flaming each other, which is usually hilarious. I certainly find it nice to visit (run, actually :P) a forum that isn't overrun with memes and rage.

Sorry for masturbating to my own board, lol.
Let's all cool down now.

Foggle

Foggle

OH MY FUCK THE AUTHOR FOUND MY COMMENTARY ON HIS MLP FANFIC

Spark Of Spirit

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 23, 2012, 12:00:33 AMWhy are so many fans of it so off the rocker?

As someone who is in the Sonic fandom, I have been asking this question for well over a decade.