Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

The site was pretty good so long as you went to the right places, but now with this "Content Policy Change" I'm not so sure about the sites future. I know that they deleted the Fate/Stay Night page by accident, but still.

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 25, 2012, 10:15:34 PM
TVTropes stopped being fun once they took stuff away like Troper Tales, as well as locked topics like the Sonichu one.

The only reason they took down TT is because "It reflected badly on the site", since the section was pretty out of the way, I'm not sure why Eddie and co. would care what other people think, but there ya go.

Nel_Annette

I only use it to waste time reading tropes and examples. I didn't even know it had a forum.

Spark Of Spirit

I completely avoid the site as I find it belittling to television in general much like jumptheshark was when it was still something. Totally unneeded and a waste of space.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Nel on April 25, 2012, 10:34:07 PM
I only use it to waste time reading tropes and examples. I didn't even know it had a forum.
I didn't know for a few years until someone brought it up. Even then it was mostly because it involved Game Freak 4 complaining about his banning from toonzone.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 25, 2012, 10:43:17 PM
I completely avoid the site as I find it belittling to television in general much like jumptheshark was when it was still something. Totally unneeded and a waste of space.

I wouldn't go that far, since it's gotten me interested in quite a few things I never would have known about otherwise. But crap like this really makes me see where the people who hate it are coming from.

Avaitor

Have you ever noticed that the only people that really seem to complain about being banned from tz are the ones that deserved to be?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

I notice that on a lot of forums. XD

People who take the whole "I must be a staple of this community" thing too seriously and then get it in their head that they are a staple of the community, leading to them thinking they can act however the hell they want to newer members and getting themselves banned in the process may be the most hilarious case of this to me. Mostly see that kind of situation on band forums.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on April 26, 2012, 09:06:12 AM
Have you ever noticed that the only people that really seem to complain about being banned from tz are the ones that deserved to be?
The permabanned ones are the worst since they had multiple opportunities to understand why they weren't working out.

Though sometimes it really does take that many bans to get the message.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Avaitor

Kermit is the best straight leading man in all of entertainment. He's probably the most sane of all the Muppets, but he isn't boring at all. He just oozes charisma and likability.

/random
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Avaitor

I dunno, I'm watching The Muppet Movie and just felt like saying this.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Kermit is a really good straight man. He's even funny being the "boring one" during moments like his amnesia in Manhattan.

Foggle

Just had this retweeted by BronyRT:

QuoteMy Little Pony onahole: $100 / Authentic Twilight Sparkle flavored lube: $45 / Look on your mom's face when she opens the package: priceless

This guy retweets me every time I make sarcastic references to pony sex. I'm scared.

Kiddington

Haha, it does the same thing to me as well.

Honestly though, I think it's just a bot that's programmed to retweet anything MLP related. There's another one that will always, ALWAYS retweet you if you say the word "clop". It never fails.