Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Read his post again. It reads like a bad Ebert rip-off.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on June 20, 2012, 08:57:03 PM
Indeed.

Please reply by sending him a link to Mr. Horse's list. It's probably more up his alley. http://animationrevelation.com/horse.html

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on June 20, 2012, 08:58:20 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on June 20, 2012, 08:57:03 PM
Indeed.

Please reply by sending him a link to Mr. Horse's list. It's probably more up his alley. http://animationrevelation.com/horse.html

I'm waiting for his reply before I link to anything else.

And what the hell man? No Bleach and Inuyasha? Thosez are teh best anime evur!

Rynnec

QuoteGenerally, I don't care about such "Top whatever" lists, since I really don't see any point and value in them. This one is certainly no exception. This doesn't have anything to do with the anime they listed, they seem to be fine (as much as I can judge it, as I don't know everything). Of course, they wouldn't include the most obscure shows in existence. And of course, it's obvious that this list was composed by people who are knowledgable about western animation, but not that much abuot anime. But that's exactly why I think that the anime they chose are fine.
But putting The Flintstones, South Park and Rocko's Modern Life above Animaniacs and Freakazoid? What where they thinking? I have expected Ren and Stimpy to be #1 (it's a pleasant surprise that it's not even on this list, though).

Nothing wrong with this one actually. It's a pretty decent criticism.

Kiddington

Valid criticism or not, I still wish I could see the appeal to Animaniacs that seemingly every other animation fan does. I really do.

Pinky & the Brain is just such a better show in virtually every facet imaginable, yet for the most part, it only gets half the credit. I know it's a spinoff, and it wouldn't even be here without the Warners in the first place, but still.

Foggle

Yeah, that one's pretty valid.

What I find funny though, is that some of us actually are very knowledgeable about anime, we're just bitter fucks with superior taste who hate nearly everything Japan shits out these days.

Rynnec

QuoteThe criteria for this list seem kinda strange. They talk about including or not including series based on objective criteria like how important or influential they are or how well they can be enjoyed by the average person, but they're also making plenty of subjective value judgements about the quality of the series. It seems to me that a list of this sort should either be objective or subjective, not a weird mish-mash of the two.

Spark Of Spirit

Which is pretty much how entertainment works. We're human beings, not machines.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

QuoteWho is Animation Revelation anyway?

QuoteSome animation website that says it's better than Toon Zone (which means that it is more likely than less, filled with people who got banned from Toon Zone)

:D

Avaitor

For the record, I never approved of that title. (sorry, Foggle)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Nobody who frequents here is banned!

So, HA!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

I don't come here because I'm banned, I come here to casually swear.  :light:

Daxdiv

Kiddington

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I didn't know Shawn Hopkins was on Tv Tropes.