Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

The Adult Swim/Toonami board has seen an increse in activity. The Anime board is possibly in its most dry state right now, and the VG board has seen a tremoundous decrease of Shawn threads, and is slightly more active than the Anime board, but that's not saying much.

Those are the only boards I visit, so I'm just as apathetic to the rest of the forum as everyone else is.

Nel_Annette

Yeah, ever since Toonami made its return, that board has been more active, but I still can't see how those guys can sit through Bleach and comment about it every week.  ;D

Rynnec

Quote from: Nel on August 09, 2012, 03:19:10 AM
Yeah, ever since Toonami made its return, that board has been more active, but I still can't see how those guys can sit through Bleach and comment about it every week.  ;D

I don't think even they know how or why they sit through and comment on Bleach every week. Hell, even I'm not sure why I sit through Bleach every week. :whuh:

Dr. Insomniac

Usually for the sake of riffing it than anything else. I don't know anybody who watches Bleach out of genuine interest for the plot.

Avaitor

Isn't Bleach actually one of the least popular series in Jump in Japan?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I believe so. I remember Toriko took it's spot in the Big 3 last year, while One Piece and Naruto stayed. Well at least it's a series I can get into that replace Bleach. Though it does make me wonder how long Kubo can stretch out his supposed final arc.

Nel_Annette

Granted, I still think the first 20-something episodes before Soul Society are fantastic. I still rewatch that box set from time to time. But I can't get into the rest of it. Especially all the dragged out filler.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Rynnec on August 08, 2012, 09:43:08 PMthe VG board has seen a tremoundous decrease of Shawn threads

How is this even possible? You'd think the Hamburger Hepler incident as well as the Tropes vs Women bullshit would be right up his alley.

Commode

The Hamburger Helper incident?  What the heck is that?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

A Bioware employer opened a Twitter account and was mercilessly trolled by people. Cue the video game journalists jumping on the white knight bandwagon and using this opportunity to tell paying customers to fuck off.

Spark Of Spirit

Yes, that sounds like the manchildren that make up the enthusiast press.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Jim Sterling did defend Hamburger Hepler for some stupid reason. I forgot what the post was since he made it on Destructoid, but from what I recall, it basically said shit she said on Twitter on how people are probably jealous that she has both a vagina and a job in the video game industry, something she thinks that gamers are sad that they don't have.

Rynnec

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on August 09, 2012, 07:24:14 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on August 08, 2012, 09:43:08 PMthe VG board has seen a tremoundous decrease of Shawn threads

How is this even possible? You'd think the Hamburger Hepler incident as well as the Tropes vs Women bullshit would be right up his alley.

I was just as suprised as you were when I didn't see any HH or Tropes vs Women threads. Shawn must be getting tired of the board or something, the only thing I've seen him doing as of recent times is arguing over Takao over the Vita, and the merits of Smartphone games or something.

Quote from: Daxdiv on August 09, 2012, 08:29:31 PM
Jim Sterling did defend Hamburger Hepler for some stupid reason. I forgot what the post was since he made it on Destructoid, but from what I recall, it basically said shit she said on Twitter on how people are probably jealous that she has both a vagina and a job in the video game industry, something she thinks that gamers are sad that they don't have.

I'm only sad that I don't have one of those things, and couldn't care less about the other...

Peanutbutter

You guys make it sound like this Hepler person deserved to be trolled. Not knowing anything about BioWare, what'd they do?  ???

Rynnec

This video does a good job on explaining things.

People like Hepler have no business being in the Gaming industry.