Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

The other thing that really gets me about this is, I thought Romney was supposed to be that moderate Republican candidate that seems to be so hard to find in this day and age. I remember back during the primaries, all of the right-wing talking heads constantly bemoaned the idea of Romney being the nominee over the likes of Santorum or whoever, claiming he was "too liberal".

...so if that's the case, what is this all about? Or for that matter, his hard-right stance on pretty much every other issue imaginable? Just the usual bullshit pandering to the fringe fraction of his party, or what? Because if this guy is supposed to be "moderate", I'm not seeing it.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, The Daily Show pretty much proved that he was just changing his stances just to pander to fundies.

Avaitor

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Obama myself (I like the idea of Obamacare, but I'm not crazy on the results, and you have to admit that it's suspicious how he's let so few of his personal records hit the public), but I'd take another 4 years of him over any modern conservatives any day.

And when you look at Romney's records, it's clear that the guy's a borderline sociopath. Besides beating up people for being gay or having long hair, he even pretended to be a cop to pull people over once. Probably more than once.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on September 04, 2012, 10:40:24 PM
Besides beating up people for being gay or having long hair, he even pretended to be a cop to pull people over once. Probably more than once.
Oh lord, how was I so quick to forget about this shit? :shit:

Dr. Insomniac

Don't forget how he made an ass of himself in England, talking about how Britain was just a bunch of stupid islands and how Obama didn't have enough Anglo-Saxon heritage to count as American. Even the most conservative of British politicians thought he was an idiot who should've shut his mouth.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 04, 2012, 10:51:13 PM
Don't forget how he made an ass of himself in England, talking about how Britain was just a bunch of stupid islands and how Obama didn't have enough Anglo-Saxon heritage to count as American. Even the most conservative of British politicians thought he was an idiot who should've shut his mouth.
I actually never heard about this. Guy's a fucking screwball.

Daxdiv

I still think this election is going to be a repeat of 2004, but with the roles reversed as far as Democrats and Republicans stand. I still think Obama will win as Romney makes a complete ass/tool out of himself. There is nothing about Romney that has made me go "I'm not voting Obama"

Kiddington

Yeah, I'm really not that big of an Obama fan either. To me he's just another average politician; good about some things (second Avaitor on the healthcare; great idea, poor execution), wrong about others. The way certain people portray him (and his wife, for that matter) as fucking demigods is just so laughable to me. He's not that great. Nobody's perfect, much less those two.

...that being said, when I compare Obama to what they're throwing around across the aisle, I'd definitely take four more years of him. Romney is just insane; can't pick a side on any issue of substance, panders worse than anyone I've ever seen, and as mentioned above, he sounds like a complete highbrow asshole in real life. Terrible, terrible nominee.

Avaitor

Even Fox News doesn't like Romney or Ryan.

Granted, this came from their token liberal journalist, but they still published this.

On a more positive note, here's Ned Flanders as portrayed by Ron Swanson.

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Looks like Season 1 Walter White, but with a thicker mustache.

Come to think of it, I'm just NOW noticing the similarities between Walt and Ned Flanders. Huh.

Foggle

That isn't art, his penis is blurred.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on September 05, 2012, 12:24:11 AM
That isn't art, his penis is blurred.
The Hulk didn't even have a penis.

Foggle

Whatever man, it doesn't get better than Kids. Now THAT'S art! Beautiful masterpiece.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on September 05, 2012, 12:27:50 AM
Whatever man, it doesn't get better than Kids. Now THAT'S art! Beautiful masterpiece.
No, Kids is for kids. Ken Park is for real intellectuals. Along with Gummo.