Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Canadian TV has been bad for a long time now, though. We don't even try to make original shows from Americans anymore.

Quote from: Kiddington on September 23, 2012, 10:42:27 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 23, 2012, 10:39:40 PM
Blame the Canadian channels. Before we started getting your terrible shows, we actually tried making our shows.

Quote from: Avaitor on September 23, 2012, 01:50:29 PM
You remember Life With Derek, the Canadian show on Disney with the odd sexual tension between the older adopted siblings? They're bringing that back.

That's the most random revival I've heard of in a while.
That's... an odd choice.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh  .3.
Ever watch Corner Gas?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 23, 2012, 11:00:39 PM
Canadian TV has been bad for a long time now, though. We don't even try to make original shows from Americans anymore.

Blame the Canadian channels. Before we started getting your terrible shows, we actually tried making our shows.

You remember Life With Derek, the Canadian show on Disney with the odd sexual tension between the older adopted siblings? They're bringing that back.

That's... an odd choice.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh  .3.
Ever watch Corner Gas?

I very vaguely (keyword vaguely) remember it. I believe it used to air on WGN over here once upon a time. Didn't care for it, obviously.

One of the worst things I remember to come out of Canada, though, was a show called Chilly Beach (and yes, it was animated too; look it up). I swear, the whole thing was nothing but hockey jokes, and really bad ones at that. I mean, I know it's like your sport and all up there, but who bases an entire series just off of that?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on September 23, 2012, 11:05:45 PM

That's... an odd choice.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh  .3.
Ever watch Corner Gas?

I very vaguely (keyword vaguely) remember it. I believe it used to air on WGN over here once upon a time. Didn't care for it, obviously.

One of the worst things I remember to come out of Canada, though, was a show called Chilly Beach (and yes, it was animated too; look it up). I swear, the whole thing was nothing but hockey jokes, and really bad ones at that. I mean, I know it's like your sport and all up there, but who bases an entire series just off of that?
Canadian animation is particularly putrid, yes. They took the torch from Butch Hartman's terrible formula and run loud and proud with it.

But I did like Corner Gas. It was a purely Canadian creation, and we barely get those anymore.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 23, 2012, 11:09:22 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on September 23, 2012, 11:05:45 PM

That's... an odd choice.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh  .3.
Ever watch Corner Gas?

Canadian animation is particularly putrid, yes. They took the torch from Butch Hartman's terrible formula and run loud and proud with it.

But I did like Corner Gas. It was a purely Canadian creation, and we barely get those anymore.

Yeah, I often forget the likes of Johnny Test and My Life Me (among so many shameless others) originate north of the border. What is it with you guys and animation up there?  :drool:

Given the track record, that's what makes it so hard to believe that a show like Ed Edd 'n Eddy was entirely done in Canada. Canadian writers, producers, VA's... everything right out of Vancouver. I guess you know what they say about blind squirrel's finding that nut every so often...

Spark Of Spirit

Canadians actually do love loose and fast animation, one of our earliest success was the Raccoons (which we seem to have forgotten about) and we even pushed forward with CG in Beast Wars and Reboot... but then Nickelodeon invaded YTV and now every Canadian cartoon tries to be like that... and they are considerably worse.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Did you know that if you pitched "21 Guns" up, it sounds like Billie Joe is Phineas.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Well, it was about time until Lady Cassandra came to our world.

Avaitor

Heh, you're not the first person to make that joke.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on September 25, 2012, 10:38:01 AM
Did you know that if you pitched "21 Guns" up, it sounds like Billie Joe is Phineas.

:worship:

I feel inclined to try this.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Queen Rissa on January 30, 2011, 08:40:17 PM
You wan to see gay sex between Bugs and Daffy?

I'd prefer Ivy and Quinn, but I guess that works.

Dr. Insomniac

Bugs and Daffy having gay sex would be redundant.

Avaitor

You know she got pissed at me because I made a rule just from one of her posts. lol

New blog!

Kiddington

Dr. Insomniac

Everyone ships Bugs and Daffy, when they don't think about Bugs and Tweety.