Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Imma vote for Gary Johnson! Because he'll actually have a chance to win! :>

Kiddington

You know, in a perfect world, a viable 3rd party candidate would actually stand a chance.

...but that's just me.

Dr. Insomniac

I actually tried to register to vote, but they never told me later if I was registered or not. Oh, well.

Avaitor

Only nutjobs like Kuwabaratheman vote for third-party candidates.

Not to say that it wouldn't be awesome if one won, but it's practically throwing your vote away.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Every single one of Johnson's followers could vote on the 6th, and he would still lose in a landslide.

Kiddington

I've been registered to vote since 2010, and I still haven't voted once yet.

Not even sure why I bothered.

Quote from: Avaitor on November 03, 2012, 02:31:33 AM

Not to say that it wouldn't be awesome if one won, but it's practically throwing your vote away.

Well, of course it is in this political climate. All I'm saying is that it'd be nice if one actually stood a chance for once. It'd be a good change of pace from the status quo of flip-flopping Dems and Republicans every four years.

Avaitor

Quote from: Kiddington on November 03, 2012, 02:37:32 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on November 03, 2012, 02:31:33 AM

Well, of course it is in this political climate. All I'm saying is that it'd be nice if one actually stood a chance for once. It'd be a nice change of pace from the status quo of flip-flopping Dems and Republicans every four years.
I'm not disagreeing, but unless someone with Romney-sized wallets steps up to the plate, it just seems unlikely that it'll ever happen.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

It would take a massive erosion of either party before a third candidate could be considered viable though. Still, it does kind of keep the system in check. At least we're not Greece where fucking Neo-Nazis are climbing up the political ladder.

Kiddington

True, I suppose.

Look, my whole thing is, in the case of this election, I just wish I had another viable option besides a guy that I don't really care for (Obama) and a guy that I think is a fucking asshole that doesn't belong within 1000 miles of the White House (Romney). In my case, this is about as unexciting as a Presidential election could be, because I don't really like either candidate.

...but, again, that's just me. Hey, I hope Obama wins (I mean, look at the moron he's running against), but I just don't feel like voting for the guy. Sue me.

Dr. Insomniac

I mean, I'm sure that Gary Johnson would do a good job if he was actually given the position. But then, even the rational potential candidates who were Republican like Jon Huntsman were weeded out for being too moderate (i.e. sane), so I guess we were doomed in the end to have a sociopath running against a doormat who had to get coaching advice from Biden.

Still, it's made for decent entertainment.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Not sure I believe this one, honestly.

Dr. Insomniac

Well, those tweets weren't fabricated. Still, it is too outlandish for Romney, and that's saying something.

Kiddington

Guy is about a loveable as a porcupine.

...and yet, the race somehow remains close.  :thinkin:

Nel_Annette

Because Republicans want to win no matter what. Of course, what do I know? I'm drinking Obummer's Kool-aid, apparently.  ::)