Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I don't think hardcore anime fanboys/girls are any worse than fanatics of other mediums. I mean, inserting "kawaii" and "desu" into English sentences is heinous, but who even does that shit anymore? You can't judge something based on its fanbase... that's just silly.

Avaitor

One of the anime clubs I went to tried to riff Grave of the Fireflies.

Tells you what kind of experience I have with the community outside of the internet.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on May 11, 2013, 03:20:18 PM
One of the anime clubs I went to tried to riff Grave of the Fireflies.

Tells you what kind of experience I have with the community outside of the internet.
Then somebody probably shouldn't look at my skype avatar...

LumRanmaYasha

The anime club in my school possesses the overwhelming majority opinion that Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, and Hetalia are the greatest anime ever made. They also have never heard of or watched Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and Trigun. 90% don't even know what Toonami is, and 99% don't know that's it back or watch it. The talented artists among them draw loli and chibi characters all the time. Oh, and they ship ItachiXSauske and SauskeXNaruto and watch music videos on youtube showcasing them frequently.

Needless to say, I do not like them.

Micki!

Quote from: Foggle on May 11, 2013, 02:38:25 PM
I don't think hardcore anime fanboys/girls are any worse than fanatics of other mediums. I mean, inserting "kawaii" and "desu" into English sentences is heinous, but who even does that shit anymore? You can't judge something based on its fanbase... that's just silly.

Hai, it's pretty baka of ningen to think of us otaku like that, but sho ga nai, desu ne..? Foggle-chan..?  .3.
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Micki! on May 11, 2013, 04:19:46 PM

Hai, it's pretty baka of ningen to think of us otaku like that, but sho ga nai, desu ne..? Foggle-chan..?  .3.
Shikata ga nai~

Micki!

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 11, 2013, 04:29:58 PM

Shikata ga nai~
仕方がない~
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Foggle

Micki!-san... daisuki... :blush:

Peanutbutter

I didn't care for how dismissive he was about The Looney Tunes Show and Friendship is Magic either. I think it was in his final days of posting at TZW that I called him on that. There are some anime geeks out there who can be a tad overbearing, but I also don't see not getting along with a high school club as a valid reason for writing off anime either. While I still like Family Guy, the last two seasons have had some pretty dull episodes so I'm not surprised he said it was running out of steam.

At least he did a 180 on Animaniacs, I recall he wasn't a big fan of it. Come to think of it, didn't he say somewhere that he hates Batman: The Animated Series? Did he ever say why? Aside from how opinionated he can be though, I don't think he's a bad guy and I hope he's happy with his marriage. Now Hobbes, there's a troubled guy who I take back ever siding with.

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 12, 2013, 06:32:23 AM
Come to think of it, didn't he say somewhere that he hates Batman: The Animated Series? Did he ever say why?
He doesn't like action cartoons, period.

I think B:TAs is one of the few he at least has a deep respect for, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

QuoteAt the end of the day, all I want is religious people to still have a say in what is best for our society.

QuoteSome days it feels like this is less about gay marriage and more about secular forces wanting it so that no one can tell anyone else how to live their lives.

I get the strong feeling that someone wants this country to be a theocracy. Yes, let's have the religious decide what's right and wrong for our country and then shove it down everyone's throats by telling us how to live our lives.  :unimpressed:

Avaitor

It's still crazy to think that we haven't had anything close to an atheist, or non-Christian, president.

We probably never will, either.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on May 12, 2013, 06:33:04 PM
It's still crazy to think that we haven't had anything close to an atheist, or non-Christian, president.

In 200 years.

SSJ Jake

But Obama is an Atheist. I mean sure he's gone to Church, professed Christianity and talks about God in many of his speeches, but he's only lying to people in order to win the election. Nothing wrong with that, right? </sarcasm>

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: SSJ Jake on May 12, 2013, 06:41:19 PM

But Obama is an Atheist. I mean sure he's gone to Church, professed Christianity and talks about God in many of his speeches, but he's only lying to people in order to win the election. Nothing wrong with that, right? </sarcasm>
No, he's clearly a Muslim Fundamentalist with his own mini-Mecca at the Oval Office.