Animation Revelation Shoutbox

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 28, 2010, 04:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Avaitor

RIP James Gandolfini

I still haven't seen the Sopranos, but I loved In the Loop. Still, it's a shame.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

LumRanmaYasha

I hate how the most talented writer in shonen manga is the laziest artist... :-\

But mainly, I wish a lot more modern cartoons/comics/anime/manga were better written in general.

Daxdiv

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 19, 2013, 08:27:42 PM
I hate how the most talented writer in shonen manga is the laziest artist... :-\

And vice versa.  :lol:

Seriously, I like Kubo's art the most, but his writing is bathroom stall shit on the wall.

LumRanmaYasha

Eh, I think Oda's art is the best in modern shonen manga. He's incredibly detailed, never wastes space, his battle scenes are fucking intense, and his spreads are always gorgeous and full of things going on. In fact, his attention to detail with his artwork is one of the reason I loved reading One Piece so much as a kid, in fact. Kubo's art can be really good but I feel it's more or less the standard anime look whereas One Piece's look feels much more distinct to me (Mashima's copycatting aside) and Kubo really does get super, super fucking lazy with his art too half-way through the Arrancar Arc. I mean seriously, one page of the manga was completely blank except for one, fucking, word. That kind of pretentious, stupid pseudo-artistry is one of the many, many things that have turned me off from Bleach as the years have gone by.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Micki!

A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

GaryPotter

Rosalinas Spare Wand

TheEclecticDude

Micki!

It seems... people surprisingly acknowledge the presence of Antoine in connection with fanservicy shaft animation...  :srs:
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

I just saw feet. Nothing but feet.  ;)