Songs from Each Decade You Most Dislike / Least Want to Hear Again

Started by No-Personality, September 20, 2012, 09:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Fair enough. I still like the Pumpkins, but Billy's voice is really hard to defend.

Oh, and to defend Canadian culture after I brought up one of its lows in the other thread, at least Canada and the states never made anything like "Swagger Jagger". If you haven't seen that before, look it up.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Speaking of Canada, I wish the radio would play Roll On Down The Highway more and Takin' Care Of Business less. The former is a way better driving song.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Got a few more:

2010's

Nicki Minaj - "Super Bass"
B.o.B. and Bruno Mars - "Nothin' on You"
Usher and will.i.am - "OMG"

2000's

Hoobastank - "The Reason"
3 Doors Down - "It's Not My Time"
Shinedown - "Devour"
Train - "Drops of Jupiter"
Hinder - "Lips of an Angel"
Buckcherry - "Crazy Bitch"
The Killers - "Mr. Brightside"
Anything by Fall Out Boy
Anything by Fergie (have I mentioned yet how much her voice drives me crazy? Because it does)

1990's

4 Non Blondes - "What's Up?"
Michael Bolton - "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You"
Anything by The Backstreet Boys (should go without saying, but I might as well anyway)
Anything by Milli Vanilli

1980's

Boys Don't Cry - "I Wanna Be a Cowboy"
Poison - "I Want Action"

No-Personality

Quote from: Kiddington on September 24, 2012, 12:17:08 AM4 Non Blondes - "What's Up?"
Love that song. (Just sayin'.)

Quote from: Kiddington on September 24, 2012, 12:17:08 AMAnything by Milli Vanilli
Actually, they just won the Grammy in the 90's. Their album and their 3 most famous singles ("Blame it on the Rain," "Don't Forget My Number," and "Girl You Know it's True") were released in '88-89.

Quote from: Kiddington on September 24, 2012, 12:17:08 AMBoys Don't Cry - "I Wanna Be a Cowboy"
You know what... I kind of agree.

But there's something special about it. It's not a song people are supposed to like. I've always liked it a little because it's extremely kinky. Literally, if it weren't for the "and you could be my cowgirl" line, I would have sex to this song.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Kiddington

Quote from: No-Personality on September 24, 2012, 09:50:36 AM
Actually, they just won the Grammy in the 90's. Their album and their 3 most famous singles ("Blame it on the Rain," "Don't Forget My Number," and "Girl You Know it's True") were released in '88-89.

Yeah, that's right; forgot about that. I usually just associate them as a 90's act because they won it during that period (which... I'm not even going to go there).

Quote from: No-Personality on September 24, 2012, 09:50:36 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on September 24, 2012, 12:17:08 AM4 Non Blondes - "What's Up?"
Love that song. (Just sayin'.)

:whuh:

Nah, it's fine. different strokes for different folks, as it goes (given that I'm one of the only ones here that actually likes Oasis, I know the feeling).

I've just grown to really hate that song over the years. Although I'll admit, in this context, it does have a certain charm.  :sweat:

Commode

Heh, "Mr. Brightside" is really the only Killers song I like.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I kinda like "When You Were Young", if only because of GHIII.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

The first album still holds up. After that they got a stick up their ass and Sam's Town and Sawdust are still good, but had a lot of filler. Day & Age, though... dear god that album is terrible. Luckily, the newest one is a bit of a step up, even though it still has some of those droning, slower songs.

Kiddington

I never really liked any of their stuff, truth be told. Not even their first album.

And this is just way too overplayed. Maybe it's not that earworm level of terrible, like some of this stuff is to me (fucking Hinder... ugh), but when you take a bland song that I didn't care for to begin with, and just overplay it to death... it grates on you after while. Hence, this.

No-Personality

Quote from: Kiddington on September 24, 2012, 01:35:45 PMAlthough I'll admit, in this context, it does have a certain charm.  :sweat:
That was fun. Very clever.

But not necessarily the way the song was intended (for example, look at the extra audio they imported). Just a good video.
and I love it.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on September 24, 2012, 05:23:51 PM
I kinda like "When You Were Young", if only because of GHIII.
That was in Rock Band and it came up IN EVERY SINGLE SETLIST. Man, that got on my nerves.

TLC - Hat 2 Da Back (single version)

The album version blows this away.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

No-Personality

Quote from: Avaitor on September 23, 2012, 10:58:07 PMFair enough. I still like the Pumpkins, but Billy's voice is really hard to defend.
I think the Smashing Pumpkins are one of the best bands of the 90's and Billy's voice is phenomenal.
and I love it.

Avaitor

Got two more to add from this decade- the new Maroon 5 and Carly Rae Jepsen/Owl City singles. I heard both of these in the span of 10 minutes while on the road earlier today, and god, they're both awful.

With every new single, it becomes more apparent that Adam Levine's balls haven't dropped yet. How can there be people that not only like, but look up to his nasally voice? This new track is one of their worst, too.

And Owl City was one of those acts who I was hoping would be a one-hit wonder forgotten by time, and we were so close to it too. But no, Canada's new "wunderkind" (never mind the fact that she's 26 and looks and acts like she should be starring in a Disney Channel kidcom) just haddd to bring Mr. Synthbag back into the light. Granted, this isn't quite as bad as "Fireflies" or "Call Me Maybe", but it's no good either.

Quote from: Cosmonaut on September 24, 2012, 12:17:08 AM
2010's
B.o.B. and Bruno Mars - "Nothin' on You"
This song was actually in between both of these. It was the first time I heard it in full, and honestly, I think Bruno's hook on the song is genius. B.O.B. killed it each time he was on, though.

New blog!

No-Personality

Forgot a few:

All Decades: anything by Three Doors Down, Staind, Linkin Park, Papa Roach,

2000-2009
Cher - "Song for the Lonely"
Snoop Dogg - "Drop It Like It's Hot"

1990's
Eagle Eye Cherry - "Save Tonight"
Cher - "Believe" and "Strong Enough"
Aerosmith - "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
Lenny Kravitz - "Fly Away"
Foo Fighters - "Everlong" and "Big Me"
Puff Daddy - "I'll Be Missing You"
No Doubt - "Don't Speak"

1980's
Motley Crue - "Girls, Girls, Girls"
Culture Club - "Karma Chameleon"
The Go-Go's - "Vacation"

and... time for the 1970's

Silver Convention - "Fly, Robin, Fly"

and I guess that's all I can think of. But, there have to be some more hideous songs from the 70's.
and I love it.

Foggle

Quote from: No-Personality on December 07, 2012, 03:17:12 PM
Culture Club - "Karma Chameleon"
B-b-but that's the best song to listen to while causing destruction in Saints Row 2!