True Mystery & Crime Shows

Started by Spark Of Spirit, September 23, 2012, 11:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm... not really sure how far a thread like this would go, but I just happen to say that I often find myself compelled to watch these shows when they are on from Unsolved Mysteries to Disappeared and I Survived to those many random specials or America's Most Wanted I always find it somehow less bleak than the fictional crime shows on TV and yet engaging and interesting to learn from at the same time.

I'm pretty certain I'm the only one here who watches these shows, but I figured I'd make a thread for it anyway.

And Cops (the show) is garbage and I'm not talking about that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I used to watch a ton of America's Most Wanted when I was 13. Also, Forensic Files.

Spark Of Spirit

I still watch some AMW/ though it's not one of my top choices, it is easily the most up to date one and it catches the most criminals. I'm always glad when they catch these people, but some of the crimes on these shows are just "... How do you think of that?", you know? I really wonder how someone could get themselves in a place like that to do those horrible things.

But I think my favorite will always be Unsolved Mysteries for always picking the strangest mysteries and it had by far the best presentation.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

I'm up for some Unsolved Mysteries... whenever it's actually on, that is. See, that's the thing; it's hard to find anymore. I know they tried a reboot a few years ago on Spike with Dennis Farina as the new host, but I guess it didn't take off too well, as I haven't seen it in ages.

IIRC I think Lifetime ended up reacquiring the rights, as I do remember occasionally seeing random episodes on during the day at one point. That was at least a few months ago, though.

...but yeah, Unsolved Mysteries always was a favorite of mine.

Spark Of Spirit

You basically have to revert to watching them on Youtube now. Lifetime was airing cases with Dennis Farina, but it wasn't new cases. They were just redoing the Robert Stack episodes with worse music and presentation and few if any new episodes.

Which is a shame because there are plenty of Unsolved Mysteries that could use the exposure now. Heck, there's an Unsolved Mystery around here that would work well on the show...