Justice League

Started by Avaitor, September 24, 2012, 11:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldstar

"Epilogue" was an OK episode, but the only problem with it was that it should have been the series finale to Batman Beyond, not Justice League. It didn't really work as an episode of JLU because it was about the Batmen, Bruce and Terry and not about the League.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Eh, its not like they could have aired it as a Batman Beyond finale given that the series had already been done for years by that point. And as a single episode, it wouldn't work as at DTV release. To me it felt like it was supposed to cap off the DCAU by bringing things back to where they started, with Batman. Personally I thought it made a pretty great finale to both BTAS and Batman Beyond. Sure, it wasn't an episode focused on the League, but that hardly takes away from its quality, for me. Besides, it didn't end up being the finale to JLU, anyways, even though it was originally supposed to be. We got season 5 and its final 2-parter as JLU's grand finale, and whether you love it or hate it, it is what it is (at least this time it WAS focused on the League).

Avaitor

I think at this point, Timm and crew realized that they had made such a big universe out of these characters ever since BTAS started, that the best way to end the show was to go back to the future and cap off the two main characters of their futuristic series' story. Then they got renewed for another year.

"Epilogue" isn't very League-heavy, but considering how important Batman is to the show, it's not a bad idea for a finale.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Also, guys :oo::

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 06, 2013, 06:32:58 PM
I do have to say though, there's one thing about the Cadmus arc that leaves me confused. What exactly was Lex's plan? Because it almost seems like it is to fulfill the predetermined future, killing Flash and then being killed by Superman. Even when he merges with Braniac and claims that he will "remake" the universe, he still says that he will fulfill the future of killing Flash which would lead things to chaos.

Rynnec

From what I remember, he was intent on steering the mainverse into the Justice Lords future, but the whole Braniac thing kind of derailed that into achieving godhood. When confronting the original 7, he figured he may as well go ahead with killing the Flash and seeing what would happen. If Superman somehow kills him, then his original plan is a sucess, if he doesn't, then he still has his godhood, with no one who can possibly stop him (aside from AMAZO, who had left earth if I recall).

talonmalon333

Quote from: Rynnec on March 07, 2013, 01:36:44 AM
From what I remember, he was intent on steering the mainverse into the Justice Lords future, but the whole Braniac thing kind of derailed that into achieving godhood. When confronting the original 7, he figured he may as well go ahead with killing the Flash and seeing what would happen. If Superman somehow kills him, then his original plan is a sucess, if he doesn't, then he still has his godhood, with no one who can possibly stop him (aside from AMAZO, who had left earth if I recall).

Kind of makes me wonder why Lex's grand plan would involve his own death. I guess he's just a messed up guy in the end.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Oh, am I the only one to prefer JL's theme to JLU? JLU's is kind of lame in a "we're trying to be as modern and epic as possible with a sick guitar solo!" way, while JL's is simple and more instantly iconic.

It's footage is also more memorable than JLU's original opening sequences.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Nah, JLU's theme never did anything for me. I preferred the JL one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I really love both opening themes. But I think the original JL music stuck with me a bit more.

However, I prefer the visuals in JLU's opening. JL's CG never did anything for me.

Goldstar

While I don't hate the JLU opening theme, I prefer the JL opening, overall.  JL's opening shot of the Super 7 walking toward the camera in silhouette was pure awesomeness.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

Both shows' opening animation bores the shit out of me. I have to fast forward.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

As someone who has a neutral opinion on both series, I have to say I've always thought that the original Justice League opening was borderline iconic, while Unlimited's was the boring, generic type I had to tolerate from much lesser shows.