Shrek

Started by Avaitor, September 25, 2012, 08:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Discuss the franchise here. The 4 main movies, Puss in Boots, or whatever.

I still like the first 2 films, but have no real desire to see the other 2. I believe that PIB is on Netflix, and since I hear that it's a lot better than the latter 2, I might have to check that out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

It introduced me to Jennifer Saunders. That's all the good I can say.

Spark Of Spirit

I like the first two films, but I really enjoyed Puss In Boots. He was the best thing to come out of the Shrek movies, and IMO, his movie is better than any of the Shrek ones.

You should totally watch it.  8)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

I enjoyed Shrek. Shrek 2 wasn't as good as 1, but it still had it's moments. Unfortunately, by the time of Shreks 3 and 4, the franchise had become commercialized and over saturated. One good thing about keeping the Shrek franchise going is that Shrek is basically the only money making films that Eddie Murphy and Mike Myers are doing anymore.

Puss in Boots was good, though. I enjoyed that more than both of the last 2 Shrek films combined.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

No-Personality

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 25, 2012, 08:37:38 PMIt introduced me to Jennifer Saunders. That's all the good I can say.
Pretty much in the same boat.

Except that I knew about Absolutely Fabulous a few months before the first film came out (which of course she wasn't in). But she's a comedic genius, no question. As is her comedy partner, Dawn French (or one-time partner).

I did find a few jokes in the first 2 films funny but... characters, story, animation? Nothing impressed me.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Daikun

howarddavis

Quote from: Goldstar on October 30, 2012, 04:52:48 PM
I enjoyed Shrek. Shrek 2 wasn't as good as 1, but it still had it's moments. Unfortunately, by the time of Shreks 3 and 4, the franchise had become commercialized and over saturated. One good thing about keeping the Shrek franchise going is that Shrek is basically the only money making films that Eddie Murphy and Mike Myers are doing anymore.

Puss in Boots was good, though. I enjoyed that more than both of the last 2 Shrek films combined.

I am a big fan of Shrek. I love to watch it when I get free from my work. Though, its new part has also been introduced, but still all of them are good. I would like to see it in 3D character animations. Hope some day it will also come.

Commode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcqJgC0WZ3o

Chris Farley's Shrek has leaked after all these years.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daxdiv

Nice find. I thought it was pretty interesting to hear Chris Farley's voice come out of Shrek after all these years. He would have made a good Shrek.

Daikun

gunswordfist

Of course it is. :srs:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I'd rather a Puss in Boots sequel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I knew once Dreamworks was bought by NBC Universal we were getting this. Now we just gotta wait for that Minions Crossover! :^)

Daikun

Avaitor

With the original cast getting back together, how much of a reboot is it going to be? Will it be a soft one, or will they go back to the beginning?

My first instinct is why bother, but in all honesty, do kids even know who Shrek is? Dreamworks doesn't seem to be nearly as good at keeping their characters in the public conscious the same way Disney does. Starting over is probably the best way to go for tackling Shrek.

Still though, why bother?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/