Dreamworks Land!

Started by Avaitor, July 17, 2012, 04:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Wow this board is dead.

Anyway, it's happening. They're even buying more characters for it to work.

Thoughts?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Eh. IMO Dreamworks does not have the colorful (read: memorable) cast of characters to build a successful amusement park around. I suppose buying established franchises like Casper and He-Man will go a long way into helping pad the place, but still; I can't possibly see the excitement or purpose behind Shark Tale or Bee Movie themed rides.

...not that it matters to me, though; I've never even been to New Jersey.

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on July 17, 2012, 04:09:24 PM
Wow this board is dead.
QuoteDreamworks

There's the problem.

Avaitor

lol yeah. I never saw much use for this board.

I might make threads for the few successful franchises they have though. Might as well get some use out of it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

What else is there to talk about? How they seem to be throwing away all their recent goodwill with Madagascar 3 which will most likely reignite the burnt spark of their previous uninspired dreck due to its surprise success?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I don't get it, the good flicks they have are typically the ones that catch on, with Shrek, Kung-Fu Panda, and Dragons. Why Madagascar is just as big as them as well is beyond me.

I might just be too old to get it though.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I can only hope it was a fluke, because I really don't want that stuff to come back again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Goldstar

Yeah, I'm really not enthusiastic about the prospect of new projects featuring Casper, Lassie and The Long Ranger, projects which were considered old hat in my parents time. I'd rather Dreamworks produce more new, fresh material than try to pull a bunch of obscure and largely forgotten franchises out of the vault.

Regarding a Dreamworks theme park, how well it would do depends on how much star power it's characters have. Sid & Marty Krofft (the creators of H.R. Puffnstuf, Land of the Lost and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters) tried to launch their own theme park back in 1976, but it was closed down after a mere 6 months.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

Don't forget Hanna-Barbera land! Never heard of it? No surprise, it barely lasted.

Dreamworks might not have as many beloved characters as Disney or even H-B, but this might have more of a chance to last, if only because it's ran by a more dynamic boss. Katzenberg was part of Disney's peak in the 90's, after all.

New blog!

Eddy

I can't wait to see the Sinbad ride! They should open up to Dreamworks productions beyond their animation department.

Think about it! Wouldn't the kids love getting the shit scared out of them in a ride based off The Ring?