Madagascar

Started by Avaitor, September 25, 2012, 08:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Discuss the franchise here. the movies, Penguins of, or whatever.

And no Circus Afro talk, y'all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The Penguins show is the only good thing to come out of this franchise.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

If it weren't for Dreamworks, this would be the kind of movie they'd sell for a couple dollars at shady DVD stores next to Ratatoing and Kiara the Brave.

Foggle

Only saw the first movie and a couple episodes of the Penguins show. Thought both were absolutely rancid.

Kiddington

Avaitor

Really though, I have seen none of the movies and one episode of the show. I have no real opinion on this franchise, but if it does well with the kids, why argue with its success?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I'm still of the opinion that I want to get my future kids actually good movies to watch instead of sit them down to see Chris Rock play a zebra.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't argue it's success, I just question what is enjoyable about it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 25, 2012, 10:22:59 PM
I'm still of the opinion that I want to get my future kids actually good movies to watch instead of sit them down to see Chris Rock play a zebra.
My kids will be raised on There Will Be Blood, Blue Velvet, and The Maltese Falcon.

Kiddington

I've seen the first two movies, and a few episodes of the show.

First movie was nothing spectacular, VERY obnoxious, but overall not very memorable at all. Second movie was downright awful. Haven't seen the third (and have no intention of doing so). The series is actually okay, but I don't love it. It's kinda funny, and the Penguins always were the best parts of the movies, so it's nice that they have their own series... but it's not great. Still too obnoxious, as is the general theme of the series it would seem, and the CGI still looks ugly and cheap.

So yeah, that's that.

Avaitor

Well my plan is to read Lovecraft to my children as their bedtime stories and introduce them to the world of classic cinema and literature at a young age.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

If my future daughter cannot name every single one of the Doctor's companions by the time she turns 10, I will be a sad future dad.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on September 25, 2012, 10:25:42 PM
My kids will be raised on There Will Be Blood, Blue Velvet, and The Maltese Falcon.
You might as well just read them Dante for a bedtime story.  :D

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 25, 2012, 10:32:56 PM
Implying he won't?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 25, 2012, 10:33:20 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 25, 2012, 10:32:56 PM
Implying he won't?
Well it is Foggle- who knows?!?