How to Train Your Dragon

Started by Avaitor, September 25, 2012, 08:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

There are plenty of books to take inspiration from, and the trailer looks good enough, so I'm sold.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

The first movie was excellent, and if they're following the books I see no reason not to. Just leave the tv series canon out of it; we don't need that shit.

Daikun

Quote from: Lord Il on July 13, 2013, 09:37:16 PMRecently noticed that Dreamworks put up their teaser trailer for How To Train Your Dragon 2 on YouTube.

QuoteThe uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that.

The hell? I'm in the goddamned U.S.!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on July 14, 2013, 11:07:46 PM
Quote from: Lord Il on July 13, 2013, 09:37:16 PMRecently noticed that Dreamworks put up their teaser trailer for How To Train Your Dragon 2 on YouTube.

QuoteThe uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that.

The hell? I'm in the goddamned U.S.!
I'm in Canada and it works.

What?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

FOR CANADIAN AUDIENCES ONLY.  :lol:

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Saw the trailer...doesn't tell much about what the movie will be about, but it was a very gorgeously animated sequence, so I loved it. :thumbup:

The first movie was quite good, probably my second favorite Dreamworks Animation flick after the original Kung Fu Panda, so I'm hoping this movie will be a worthy sequel to the original. 2014 can't come sooner.

Lord Il

Sorry about that link I posted earlier. I had no idea it was being regionally restricted like that. It's ridiculous on why they do that to begin with. They even labeled it as "Official International Teaser Trailer" yet it can't be viewed internationally. Interesting how that works, huh?  Pfffft...!  :??:

Glad you found the alternate link, though - Interestingly enough, it works for me as well. =)

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 14, 2013, 05:06:41 PM
The first movie was excellent, and if they're following the books I see no reason not to. Just leave the tv series canon out of it; we don't need that shit.
Definitely. As long they keep Riders Of Berk as a separate entity from the movies, things might be okay.

Quote from: Cartoon X on July 15, 2013, 12:02:09 AM
Saw the trailer...doesn't tell much about what the movie will be about,
That would be my only gripe about it. But as a teaser trailer, I guess we can't expect too much. If anything, it's probably best to not let the cat out of the bag too early.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

I saw How To Train Your Dragon 2 today, and I thought it was just as good as the first film. I found the stuff with Hiccup and his mother particularly nice, and appreciated Hiccup's character development in this film as well. If I have any complaints it's that the side characters are rather obnoxious comic relief, but they play such a minor part in the film that it didn't detract from it much.

Avaitor

Just saw the new one, and I liked it about as much as the first, which means this is tied for my favorite Dreamworks movie.

I'll try to write a bigger post later, but don't expect a full review. ;)

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

So it's one of the year's best films, then?

Avaitor

At least they're not as obnoxious about it as Lindsay and Todd are with Wreck-It Ralph.

New blog!