Suggestions!

Started by Foggle, December 28, 2010, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, we all appreciate your enthusiasm in trying to support the site, but for future reference, make sure you get Avaitor's approval before setting something up.

Avaitor

Not just mine. Foggle and EK's opinions matter just as much as mine.

In fact, if they're alright with it, then fine, keep up the Wiki. I personally think it's a nuisance, but it's their call.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm kind of in agreement with Avaitor. While it doesn't necessarily strike me as a bad thing, it does strike me as a pointless thing. This is a small site that doesn't get a lot of visitors. A wiki is meant to be a source of useful information on something much more complex, like for a big TV series or novel series or for a much larger site. In our case it really serves no purpose, since none of us need to use it, and since I highly doubt some random wiki browsers will want to check for information about a random (to them) small site like ours. So, in this case, its kind of useless.

Now, if you do wish to show your support for this site, feel free to ask Avaitor, Foggle, or myself in ways you could be useful in doing so. Like I said, I at least appreciate your effort and enthusiasm, but make sure you check with one of us in advance of its OK to do something. That's all we ask. ;)

Foggle

It's partly my fault, since I kind of gave the go-ahead on it earlier. I should've consulted with Avaitor and E-K about it first. Personally, I'm fine with it existing, but - like E-K - I don't really see it having much of a use.

talonmalon333

Avaitor, I think it'd be a good idea for you to make another Disney thread like on the old forum. Ya know, the one where you pick a Disney film, talk a lot about it, and then we give our opinions of it. ;)

Avaitor

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 04, 2011, 12:30:49 AM
Avaitor, I think it'd be a good idea for you to make another Disney thread like on the old forum. Ya know, the one where you pick a Disney film, talk a lot about it, and then we give our opinions of it. ;)
I'll think about it, but I don't have the time to write giant essays like that again, or the patience to repeat myself on movies that I've already done like The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast.

You guys are more than welcome to try something like that on your own, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on January 04, 2011, 12:41:02 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 04, 2011, 12:30:49 AM
I'll think about it, but I don't have the time to write giant essays like that again, or the patience to repeat myself on movies that I've already done like The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast.

You guys are more than welcome to try something like that on your own, though.

Then I have my own idea. I'm going to make a thread, and each day I will post a Disney film. It will be counting down my top 10 Disney list. So basically, on the first day I will post #10, and people can give opinions on that movie. The next day I'll post #9, people can talk about that, and so on. You get the idea?

Avaitor

Sounds good. Go for it.

New blog!

Commode

Am I the only one who's having issues with the site taking time to load?  It may be my downloads slowing shit down, but the site loads super slow for me, and sometimes doesn't load at all, giving me a message that says something like the host server isn't available at this time, please try again later.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Yeah, it's been loading a little slow sometimes lately. Haven't gotten the message about the host not being found, though. Sounds like a problem with the server; I'll check it out later today.

Spark Of Spirit

Same issue here. It was really slow before.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Seems fine now, but it gets pretty bad sometimes. I'll try to look into that more.

New blog!

Neomysterion X. Prime

Yeah, I know, the darn SQL server is on the fritz... again.  :gonk:

Also, I noticed that all the spam-bots are vanquished.  :sly:

Foggle

Quote from: Neomysterion Prime on January 18, 2011, 12:16:10 PM
Also, I noticed that all the spam-bots are vanquished.  :sly:
Mmm-hmm! :joy:

goody2shoes

Bumping this for a rather personal request. I'm sure it doesn't bother most people, but the lack of UTF-8 on this forum gets in my way sometimes. See, I have this weird habit of using the ellipsis sign (...) because it's a part of my keyboard layout, and it shows up as a question mark on here.

I don't know how much work or time it would take to re-encode the forum, but it can't hurt to ask. It would also allow some creative use of special symbols, and support for japanese symbols and emoticons I suppose. Not super-useful, but hey it's 2014. :P