Suggestions!

Started by Foggle, December 28, 2010, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I honestly have no idea how UTF-8 got disabled. I've been trying to fix it for a while, but nothing seems to work. It's been half a year since I last attempted anything, so maybe I can give it another go.

Foggle

I just installed a new version of the UTF-8 character set. Please try typing stuff now!

goody2shoes

I'm so... happy ?•?? ?•???

Edit: Oh my. At least I got my ellipses :lol: And suddenly the [new!] image is gone. Correlated?

Foggle

I tried my best. :-[ I'll try to fix the [new!] image now...

Daikun

Is there a way you guys can implement an image scaler for this forum?

Other forums have a tendency to scale down images if they're too big for the page.

AR doesn't do that. If an image uploaded here is too large, we have to do the dreaded horizontal scrolling.

Is there something we can do about this?

Foggle

I don't think so, unfortunately.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Normally, when am image is too large, I just reformat it myself and then upload it in a smaller size using Photobucket.It's kind of a pain to do, but it works.

Lord Il

Here's a suggestion for those who wish to try it. It's a simple bbcode image size tag.

Using this coding will reduce my sig image size to 200 pixels wide and still keep it proportional...

The image width number can be specified as any number you wish for any reduction.. [img width=200]http://i.imgur.com/5Ewmua4.png[/img]

Now let's make it clickable for full size!
<---Click for full size!

How is this done? As you'll see below, the original image size url has been wrapped around the reduced image coding which I showed above..
[url=http://i.imgur.com/5Ewmua4.png][img width=200]http://i.imgur.com/5Ewmua4.png[/img][/url]

Daikun

It'd be nice if the forum could do that automatically for large images, but I think your suggestion could be helpful in the future.

Thanks, Lord Il. :thumbup:

Foggle

Awesome discovery, Il! Maybe I'll see if I can find a way to work that into the UI somehow. :joy:

Lord Il

Glad to help!  :e_hail:

I know it's a bit of a pain as is, but perhaps a copy, paste and save of that coding example somewhere on everyones comps will help reduce some hassle for any image resizing you would like to do.

Daikun

Mozilla announced on their blog that their Firefox browser will soon phase out access to non-secure HTTP websites. Any website that isn't HTTPS could be blocked. Pretty soon, AR could see a decrease in visits by Firefox users who are unaware of the upcoming change. Is there a way to encrypt the URL to this site?

gunswordfist

I'll be using Chrome slightly more than. :kabapu:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I already switched to Chrome. FireFox kept on crashing on me and moving way too slow.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

chrome's been slow to me when i tried it for that reason but maybe it's just my computer.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody