Suggestions!

Started by Foggle, December 28, 2010, 12:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Daikun on May 01, 2015, 03:13:29 PM
Mozilla announced on their blog that their Firefox browser will soon phase out access to non-secure HTTP websites. Any website that isn't HTTPS could be blocked. Pretty soon, AR could see a decrease in visits by Firefox users who are unaware of the upcoming change. Is there a way to encrypt the URL to this site?
What the fuck is this shit? I use Firefox and I've never even heard of this garbage. Thanks for the heads up! I'll see if I can make the site HTTPS secure and also probably switch to Chrome.

Here's hoping they decide not to go through with it, though; this would kill access to a majority of the internet...

gunswordfist

Especially much of the sites you visit. :>
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Avaitor

So I got a new MacBook, and I'm having issues copying and pasting on here. I know how to do so on Macs perfectly fine, and I have no problems doing so elsewhere, but here I just can't.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Foggle on May 01, 2015, 08:36:24 PM
Quote from: Daikun on May 01, 2015, 03:13:29 PMMozilla announced on their blog that their Firefox browser will soon phase out access to non-secure HTTP websites. Any website that isn't HTTPS could be blocked. Pretty soon, AR could see a decrease in visits by Firefox users who are unaware of the upcoming change. Is there a way to encrypt the URL to this site?
What the fuck is this shit? I use Firefox and I've never even heard of this garbage. Thanks for the heads up! I'll see if I can make the site HTTPS secure and also probably switch to Chrome.

Here's hoping they decide not to go through with it, though; this would kill access to a majority of the internet...

It's been a while, but now there's an update: A free HTTPS certification service that was in the works for several months is now open.

https://letsencrypt.org/2015/09/14/our-first-cert.html

Foggle

Thanks, I'll check this out. :)