Your Top Favorite Animated Shows

Started by talonmalon333, October 01, 2012, 11:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

Great movie list, Avaitor! Most of those included among my favorites if I extended mine past ten. I really do need to finally watch Walt with Bashir sometime, though.

Avaitor

You know, I was going to make a list of my favorite 90's series, but hot damn, there were a lot of good ones then. Enough to fill a database up.

In many ways, the industry has only improved, but there are so many gems from the 90's.

Edit: Also, I forgot to put Sita Sings the Blues in my 00's movie list. Such a cool one, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Pharass

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on June 02, 2016, 01:18:43 PM
Great movie list, Avaitor! Most of those included among my favorites if I extended mine past ten. I really do need to finally watch Walt with Bashir sometime, though.

Waltz with Bashir is one of those movies that I really should get around to at some point. That and The Fantastic Mister Fox.
Avaitor also reminded me that I should re-visit Sita Sings the Blues and Coraline as well. I remember both of them being great and actually preferring the movie-adaption of the latter over the original novel.

Anyway, no point in putting this of any further. Here are my favorite animated shows of the decade (out of the ones I've seen), so far:

Adventure Time
Archer
Concrete Revolutio
The Eccentric Family
Gravity Falls
Katanagatari
Mawaru Penguindrum
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Over the Garden Wall
Ping Pong the Animation
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Rick & Morty
Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated
Shirobako
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Steven Universe
The Tatami Galaxy

Honorable mentions to Bojack Horseman, Erased and a few others.
Thinking of making a favorite characters of the decade list as well.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

LumRanmaYasha

Nice list! Can't believe I forgot Over the Garden Wall - that really should be on mine. I really need to see a lot of the anime you have on your list though. Especially Shirobako, which which is definitely right up my ally based on what I have seen of it.

Pharass

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on June 03, 2016, 10:46:51 AM
Nice list! Can't believe I forgot Over the Garden Wall - that really should be on mine. I really need to see a lot of the anime you have on your list though. Especially Shirobako, which which is definitely right up my ally based on what I have seen of it.

Yeah, Shirobako is great; one of those shows where I felt really invested in the characters' struggles and wanted them to succeed.
Also, I just realized that I forgot Young Justice, adding that to the list.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.