The Tom & Jerry Show

Started by Avaitor, October 08, 2012, 02:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Coming soon. I don't think much is known, but Jerry Beck just posted a title pic in the Cartoon Brew page.

Don't the designs remind you of a recent hit series on Cartoon Network? Particularly one that also took classic characters in a modern twist.

Although Jerry does promise that this isn't going to be a sitcom, so who knows.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Well this is being worked on by Renegade.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

Avaitor

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Puffy AmiYumi and The Mr. Men Show. :whuh:

Foggle

Avaitor

Yeah, pretty weak track record, huh?

Well, I quite liked the last T&J show. It was way more toned down than the theatrical shorts were, but I still think that it was the best thing to happen to the characters since Bill & Joe left MGM. If this show is more like that, I'll give it a shot.

New blog!

Silverstar

I'm guessing this show will sort-of follow the example of Tom & Jerry Tales, in that it seems to be an attempt to recapture the look and feel of the original shorts produced by Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera.

Any word on where this is going to air? Tales aired on Kids' WB!, but that block doesn't exist anymore. The most obvious network to carry this is Cartoon Network.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Quote from: Silverstar on October 08, 2012, 02:30:14 PM
Any word on where this is going to air? Tales aired on Kids' WB!, but that block doesn't exist anymore. The most obvious network to carry this is Cartoon Network.
Totally going to be a Cartoon Network affair. The only other option Warner really has is Boomerang, which I doubt Turner would be willing to make an original for there, even if it's based off of classic characters like the duo.

New blog!

Commode

Was Re-animated part of that Jimmy's Head thing?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Comeau on October 08, 2012, 02:34:14 PM
Was Re-animated part of that Jimmy's Head thing?
Yeah, it was like the pilot.

Commode

And I don't know if the designs really look like The Looney Tunes Show, they look like the mid 50s run of the original shorts.  Except the Flash, that really stands out.

Silverstar

Quote from: AviatorTotally going to be a Cartoon Network affair. The only other option Warner really has is Boomerang, which I doubt Turner would be willing to make an original for there, even if it's based off of classic characters like the duo.

Thought so.  ;D

Hopefully, CN won't stick the show in some loser time slot like they did Pink Panther & Pals. Though it's probably worth mentioning that PP&P sat on the shelf for about 2 years before CN finally decided to air the series, so they probably weren't that proud of it in the first place.

Quote from: ComeauWas Re-animated part of that Jimmy's Head thing?

Yeah, Re-Animated was the CN TV movie from 2006, which served as the pilot for the Out of Jimmy's Head series that came out a year later.

Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Silverstar

Here's a press release:

QuoteOne of the world's most beloved cartoon duos returns to television in The Tom and Jerry Show, a fresh take on the classic frenemies coming soon to Cartoon Network.

Comprised of two 11-minute shorts, each episode will feature Tom the cat and Jerry the mouse plotting against each other -- with Tom's determination matched only by Jerry's own cleverness in evading capture.

But this time, the cartoon mayhem will not be limited to only Tom and Jerry's traditional suburban setting. In The Tom and Jerry Show, the title characters' nonstop game of cat and mouse will expand to also include more fantastic worlds, from a medieval castle to a mad scientist's lab.

Preserving the look, core characters and sensibility of the original theatrical shorts, The Tom and Jerry Show shines a brightly colored, high-definition lens on a never-ending battle that has set the standard for cartoon rivalries. After all, with a setup as elementary as a determined cat chasing a resourceful and mischievous mouse, the possibilities (and laughs) are endless!

Sam Register (The Looney Tunes Show, MAD, Teen Titans) serves as executive producer on The Tom and Jerry Show. The series is being produced by Warner Bros. Animation in conjunction with producers Darrell Van Citters and Ashley Postlewaite at Renegade Animation.

"Tom and Jerry are two of the most iconic characters on the planet," said Register, Warner Bros. Animation's executive vice-president of creative affairs. "While it's important we honor their great legacy, we don't want to keep them in the archives. We want to introduce them to a new generation of fans.

"As we have done with The Looney Tunes Show, The Tom and Jerry Show will bring Tom and Jerry into a contemporary environment and tell hilarious stories that kids and adults will love."

It sounds a lot like Tom & Jerry Tales, only with 2 eleven-minute shorts instead of 3 seven-minute ones.

-On a side note, can't these producers think of another way of titling these update series besides just sandwiching the franchise's name between 'The' and 'Show'?