JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

They don't have any reason to. Stardust Crusaders is the most popular part of JoJo's, after all, and David Productions doesn't really have anything else as profitable as the series to work on. The pacing is still a solid three chapters per episode, which is appropriate, so I'm more than happy to watch a full-year Stardust Crusaders anime.

Daxdiv

Well, at least it will be better paced than the OVAs. :P Good news either way. I wonder if they'll change themes through out the run now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't started watching this season yet since I'm reading SC in the manga. I'll start watching once I finish this arc in the manga.

Rynnec

The Shadow Gentleman

Sweet!

But does that mean their starting with Stardust Crusaders instead of the first series? SC hasn't been out for very long.

Foggle

That's amazing! Wish they'd license the first series as well, though. I need my JoJo's on Blu-Ray.

LumRanmaYasha

Richard Epcar, the voice of Jigen, Batou, and BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO as Joseph Joestar! FUCK YES!!!  :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Levi as Jotaro and Grimmer as Dio is cool casting too.  ;D

This really is awesome news. I'm really hoping they announce a dub for the first series as well as a Toonami broadcast deal at Anime Expo as well. This is shaping up to be the year of JoJo!

And seriously, Richard Epcar as Joseph is perfect casting. I'm so excited for this dub.

Quote from: Foggle on June 23, 2014, 09:27:15 PM
I need my JoJo's on Blu-Ray.

We all do.   ;)

VLordGTZ

Daxdiv

What a time to be alive! Still surprised they went straight for Stardust Crusaders rather than Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency. OK gentlemen, mark your calendars.

The Shadow Gentleman

LumRanmaYasha

I just watched the first three dubbed episodes of the Stardust Crusaders dub on Crunchyroll. It took me a while to adjust to it, but in the end I was pleased with how it turned out. I think Jotaro, Dio, and Avdol are spot-on in particular. I sort of wish Epcar used a gruffer voice for Joseph, akin to his Bobobo voice, but outside of a few moments where I'd say he's overacting, his performance is well done. It's a great sounding dub overall, and I hope it gets on Toonami and we get blu-ray release sometime soon. I also hope they dub the first series and get that out on home video and tv too, of course.

It's weird they still haven't announced the licensor, though. Maybe Warner Japan hired out a studio and produced the dub themselves? I hope the Crunchyroll panel later today sheds some light on the situation. 

LumRanmaYasha

Turns out there will be a break in the airing of the Stardust Crusaders anime. The series will take a break for the fall season before returning in January for the second half.

Daxdiv

I guess that's OK, might as well give them a break for animating this stuff. As long as we're getting the full series, I'm good.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I don't mind the break either. The only thing I'm a bit bummed about is that it's going to take a bit longer to get an adaption of Part 4.  :P

Daxdiv

Looking at the list of chapters, I think it might be safe to say that we might at least get to Iggy joining the gang before going on break. Assuming that we're at least getting 25-26 episodes before going on break.