JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This is a thread for the currently airing anime adaptation of the long-running manga serial JoJo's Bizarre Adenture.

I already gave the first episode a positive review for out clusterfuck with just a few minor criticisms. After having just watched the 2nd episode, I can say that the story has certainly gotten more interesting though the heavy emphasis on style from the first episode has only gotten heavier hear, which I still feel can be overbearing and distracting at times. Still, this is a show where the staff involved with it clearly have a ton of respect for the source material (I can tell that without even having read any of it), and they clearly put a lot of heart and effort into this show, which really stands out. This is easily gearing up to be the most fun and interesting shonen anime in a long time along with the currently running Hunter X Hunter reboot. I recommend anyone who has any sort of interest in an over-the-top but well-made series like this to not hesitate to check it out. To me it just goes to prove that series like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure are considered classics for a reason, rather than just having a loyal fan-base based off of the fact that its old-school.

Rynnec

Is it officially streaming anywhere?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Rynnec

Damn. :-[ I was sure this one would get streamed due to how popular JoJo's is.

Playing the demo of Capcom's JJBA fighter got me curious enough to look into this series. Even though the anime isn't adapting the portion of the manga the game is based on, I still want to check out the anime.

Dr. Insomniac

Well, aside from Dio's memes, Jojo's is pretty obscure in the West. And what's known about the franchise isn't even close to being broadcast in this incarnation.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I might just temporarily stop watching the anime at this point and pursue the manga, since while I like what I've seen, things felt like they were moving a bit too fast for me at times. I have learned that this particular anime adaptation has been skipping a lot of material and is really rushing through the story, but since what I've seen interests me, I do want to go back and and actually look at the manga as it was originally written to get the full story without the somewhat off-pacing of this anime series.

LumRanmaYasha

This winter anime season has just gotten a whole lot more badass.

I know a couple people who are going to be super excited about this, and even though I have yet to finish the first anime, I'm also really excited for it as well. I predict this will be one of the best anime of 2014, easily.  ;D

LumRanmaYasha

VLordGTZ

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :shakeshakeshake:

LumRanmaYasha

VLordGTZ

That trailer was awesome!!! It looks like we're also going to be getting trailers featuring  Avdol, Polnareff, and Kakyoin as well.

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

The Shadow Gentleman

Awesome!  :shakeshakeshake:

That reminds me, I still need to finish reading part 3...