Ed, Edd, n' Eddy

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So apparently I like this show.

In other news, the sky is blue, Mel Gibson is crazy, and ice cream is yummy.

Discuss.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Mel Gibson is fucking nuts and I need to watch this show regularly again. I havent done that in like 10 years.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Heh, I still watch at least one or two episodes a week on CN. I just watched a season 5 recording, in fact.

Still pretty good. I always loved the one where Ed thinks the sky is falling, and it actually does. ;D The one after that when Eddy discovers that his ancestors were one of the first settlers to make it to Peach Creek is a good one, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Another thread that could use a bump.

I just finished writing a little piece on the show earlier tonight, but I'm up for talking about anything else regarding the show. What about you guys?

New blog!

Kiddington

Yeah, sure.

Just watched "Don't Rain on My Ed" earlier today. Still probably my favorite episode, even after numerous viewings. I love hectic the pace here, and there are some really great bits in this one. Eddy narrowly avoiding disaster with Jimmy's "Garden in the Sky", only to have Kevin randomly drop a piano on him is probably my favorite part, alongside Ed's encounter with Rolf's chicken brigade late in the episode. Good stuff.

Speaking of which, DLA, what's your favorite episode?

Avaitor

I'd just give you a top 5 or 10, but I think it'd be too hard to rank them. So I'd list a couple of favorites per season, but then I think that I might come back here some day and try to make a top list anyway.

And then I'd try to give you m #1 favorite, but that would take me forever to choose. But it wouldn't really, since it's "Once Upon an Ed" and has been since it first aired. It has everything I love about the show in one Rashomon spoofing episode, including:

-Eddy's epically excessive hyperbole
-Double D's ability switch to hopelessly optimistic to hopelessly pessimistic in a sec
-Ed's flare for the bizarre
-Johnny reading off Plank's dead-on responses
-Seeing the rest of the Cul-De-Sac get knocked down a peg just this once
-Eddy speaking for Double D
-Double D in gibberish
-Radioactive potatoes
-The Kankers joining heads
-Jimmy getting smashed in three different ways
-Johnny and Plank dozing off on the Eds
-A Kankerfied ending that works perfectly
-And one of the funniest Beatles references I've ever heard

New blog!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

It amazes me that this show still doesn't have a full DVD release, despite the reruns surviving on CN since the dawn of time.

The least they could do is upload the series on Netflix. Gotta have something to balance out all the SpongeBob reruns and kung fu movies I watch.

Kiddington

Blame Warner Bros. for that. They hold the DVD rights for all of the CN properties, yet they only one they choose to do right is... Ben 10.  :whuh:

I just wish CN would go the same route Nick is taking, and let Shout take care of these; they know how to handle DVD releases, and we, the consumer, aren't going to get jipped in the end. Rarely have I seen Shout not finish up a series, and the only times I have, it was something that I couldn't imagine as being an overly hot seller anyway (C.O.P.S: The Animated Series, etc.).

...anyway, back on topic, I need to pose a question; why does everyone hate "Sorry, Wrong Ed"? I remember back to a few EEnE forums I used to visit long ago, and almost everyone hated this episode, and I just don't get it. I know the plot is kinda weird, and the characters (especially Double D) act like jerks here, but who cares? The amount of slapstick and cartoon violence more than makes up for all that. I mean, seriously; Eddy has a house fall on him! The dialogue is also as sharp as ever; Eddy suggested to Rolf that Victor the Goat give him a massage, Ed commenting "Is that a new phone?!" well after the fact that Eddy's already had the phone for a while... come on people, this episode is great. I can't be the only one who likes it, right?

Avaitor

Not just Ben 10- Samurai Jack has it's full series out, and even though it took a while, PPG got a series set too. But yeah, Warner's release history as of late has been dreadful to say the least.

As for "Sorry, Wrong Ed, I", I don't get how people could dislike it either. The episode has a razor-fast wit to it that I love, and yeah, you mentioned some great lines. It's a good one.

New blog!

Commode

This is one of the shows I wish I had downloaded prior to leaving, since I have greatly wanted to watch it for a while now(South Park was another one[shut up EK], but luckily I got seasons 1-13 of that from a buddy who had it on his hard drive), but outside of a one-off time in the hotel in Bahrain, I haven't been able to.  You don't realize what you'll miss until you truly can't have it.

Funnily enough though, "Sorry, Wrong Ed" was one of the last episodes I saw before I left the States, as it played on CN the afternoon that I was packing.  And yeah, I do like it, even if it is a little... different.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Watching "To Sir With Ed" now. This one is full of so many good lines.

"Careful, as the dogs have had their way with that water pump!"

"I'll let you borrow my loofah!"

"That's what your parents hired me for."
"My parents hired you to date me?"

New blog!

Aurora

I remember the first ever episode I saw! Just can't remember the name.  :-X

It was when they invited to a party and stayed in the pool all night, and in the end were chased by rampaging bees. Anybody, here know the name of it?

Avaitor

Quote from: Aurora on May 20, 2011, 05:08:45 PM
I remember the first ever episode I saw! Just can't remember the name.  :-X

It was when they invited to a party and stayed in the pool all night, and in the end were chased by rampaging bees. Anybody, here know the name of it?
"Pop Goes the Ed". I watched that one the other night, heh. I remember the first time I saw that episode, back when new episodes aired on Mondays. Takes me way back.

New blog!

Kiddington

Re-watching Season 1 on DVD is an interesting experience, to say the least. It's almost as if you're not even watching the same show anymore; it's so different, in almost every way.

Go ahead and compare this to Seasons 3+; the difference is incredible. The voices (Jimmy especially; his VA really changed a lot in only a few years time), the toned down level of slapstick... it really feels very subdued, in comparison to the later seasons. Definitely still some good ones here, though; "Ed-n-Seek", "A Boy and His Ed", and "Read All About Ed" are some of my favorites from this season, and still hold up quite well.

Avaitor

Yeah, season 1 is really different compared to what comes after. I think the show's haters mostly think of it back then and never came around to anything else.

I still love it all, mostly out of nostalgia, since I watched them all on their first airings and caught multiple repeats right after, but I don't know if I'd like it as much then if season 1 was all that I've seen.

New blog!