Ed, Edd, n' Eddy

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Have I said that Ed-n-Seek is the best yet because it is.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Aurora

I never did ever get to finish this show. I believe the final episode was "The Ed, Edd, & Eddy Picture Show" correct? From what I've read about it seems to be an actual finale.  Hmm.....

And was it jsut me that thought the school/fall episodes were lacking? :-/

Avaitor

Quote from: Aurora on June 14, 2011, 07:37:10 PM
I never did ever get to finish this show. I believe the final episode was "The Ed, Edd, & Eddy Picture Show" correct? From what I've read about it seems to be an actual finale.  Hmm.....
That's the movie, which did end the series. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

Quote from: Aurora on June 14, 2011, 07:37:10 PM
And was it jsut me that thought the school/fall episodes were lacking? :-/
Personally, I really liked the last season myself. I'd get more into why if I wasn't so tired. I might respond further later, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

"Dim-Lit Ed" is such a good episode.

On one hand, you have the kids in the Cul-De-Sac at their best. Rolf using beets as the solution to all our problems, Sarah attacking random people, Jimmy oblivious to the world around him, Kevin's dry wit, Nazz's chemistry with the guys, and Johnny relying on Plank for everything. Not to mention when the Eds try to sell the kids pets. All good stuff.

And then you have Double D slowly cracking as he attempts to bring some intellect and insight to the kids. So much of his dark side is present in this episode and it's consistently hilarious. The "acorn becomes a tree!" bit is so out there that it still reigns as one of the show's crowning moments.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Eddy

Easily one of my favorite cartoons of all-time and quite possibly my favorite Cartoon Network original series. It's the reason I picked the name "Eddy" when I joined Toon Zone all those years ago.

This show seriously needs a complete series release on DVD.

Spark Of Spirit

Hey dude, nice seeing you!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Thanks, it's nice to be here! I checked out these forums after I saw the top 65 cartoon posts on Toon Zone and thought I'd join.  :thumbup:

Avaitor

Ah, you're here. Righteous.

Now I'm not the only super-big fan willing to gush about every little aspect of the show with the drop of a hat. :P

New blog!

Kiddington

Hey man, good to see you here.  ;D

...and yeah, completely agree on the Complete Series DVD. It's a total shame that the only two seasons of the show currently available are the weakest of the bunch. Don't get me wrong; Seasons 1 & 2 definitely had their fair share of moments, but for me, the series didn't truly hit its stride until Season 3. These episodes need to be made available on the home video market.

Avaitor

Not it's time yet, but I just had to post this.

So true.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

So, only season 1 and 2 are on DVD? That's annoying.

Oh yeah, and BUMP.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Time for my top 10 of this show.

10- "The Good Ole Ed"/"Every Which Way But Ed"

These are from separate episodes, but I couldn't leave them apart, since they're similar in theme; they both involve past escapades featuring the Eds. But they're a tad different in execution. The former features anecdotes that may not have actually happened, while the latter contains a bunch of random memories that pile up until the ending, where we see how the Eds meet each other. And they're both hilarious on their own. I had to leave them together.

9- "Out With the Old, In With the Ed"

A cap-off to the summer part of the series, and an introduction to the fall part. Both sides of the episode are great and begin the next part of the show's run

8- "An Ed Is Born"

Eddy attempts to prove to his older brother that he has aged quite well since the last time he was at the house by making a videotape showing himself as the king of the Cul-De-Sac. Things don't really work out as planned, which is bad for him, but great for us.

7- "One Plus One Equals Ed"

Everyone's favorite episode, I think this is the moment that the show really proved itself to be unlike anything else before or since. The childlike expressions of our every emotions was present throughout, while the alternate universe the Eds enter into is something truly out of the golden age. It's a trip all in all, and usually makes it near the top of everyone's favorites list due to how insane it is.

6- "Little Ed Blue"

BIG TROUBLE!!!!!!!!

Ed finally snaps, and the end result is brilliant. Even if the ending is a cop-out of sorts.

5- "A Fistful of Ed"

While the movie did an even better job of it and the "lost" episode was great, this would have been a fitting finale for the show if it stayed that way. After a few freak accidents, Double D becomes the new school bully, and Eddy exploits this to his advantage. Besides some great lines, the emotional aspect of the episode makes it so great. Double D and Ed have a couple of really sweet scenes, while Eddy finally saves the day in the end, and everyone gets a hot dog. You couldn't ask for any more.

4- "The Day the Ed Stood Still"

Ed as a monster. All hell breaks lose.

This episode has the creativity that I truly love about the show rolled up into one intense sci-fi esq plot, on top of a perfect ending. Incredible stuff.

3- "Mirror Mirror on the Ed"

I wrote about this one in excruciating detail back on the old board. Remember that? If so, I hopefully don't have to explain why it's up here. If not, put a sock in it, sock in it!

2- "Mission Ed-Possible"

Want proof that the last season was great? Check this puppy out, where Double D attempts to hand Ed and Eddy's report cards to their parents. A laugh riot from start to finish, there's plenty of great gags and lines, while it also helps to define the kid's statuses in school as opposed to out in the Cul-De-Sac.

1- "Once Upon an Ed"

I wrote about this ep earlier on here, but I think it's the whole package in one sitting. Great for everyone.

New blog!

Avaitor

Who would've thought that Double D appreciated the Dude?

New blog!

Commode

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468622

Apparently people really hate Kevin.  Yeah he's a dick, but the way Eddy is can you blame him?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

On the flip side of Chalmey's link, I recently discovered that Kevin has a bit of a following with creepy fangirls.

A major bit.

New blog!