Full Metal Panic!

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 28, 2010, 07:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hence why I said that 35-ish episodes would be more than enough. And it's not like there haven't been a fair number of other series to have odd-episode counts.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If this is true, then I now have two highly anticipated anime to look forward to from this studio.

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, what is up with Bones getting all the good stuff recently? Not that I'm complaining, it's actually a good thing as far as I can tell.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

The Bones rumors have been debunked for now. Still up for speculation exactly which studio and director will be handling the show.

Spark Of Spirit

No surprise, but FMP didn't even make the top ten.

But then, Haruhi season 2 outranked the first so, you know...
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, of course! I mean, after all, who would be interested in a series with a well-crafted plot, interesting characters, and excellent action? All of that clearly pales in comparison to these much "smarter" pandering shows with all of their hip modern pop-culture references and lack of any actual plot or genuine comedy in favor of trying to make everything look as "cute" as possible, but in this case it's OK since those series are self-aware of it and make sure to wink at the audience every once in a while. Because, you know....that's what smart writing is, right?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Cast and staff reunion (sort of): http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/08/15/full-metal-panic-anime-reassembles-for-stage-event

Seriously, just stop with the teasing about announcements already. They teased about big FMP announcements coming for years, and it usually just turned out to be crappy merchandise or a crappy spin-off series. Then they actually announced a new FMP anime out of nowhere around the end of last year, and then absolutely nothing followed that news since then. Now they are teasing another "BIG announcement" when the last so-called big one hasn't even been delivered on yet.

Unless this is accompanied by some actual new anime footage or at least some concept art, I'm not interested. And I swear, if it's another action-figure line, I'm going to shoot someone....most likely Foggle, since Talon is no longer around for me to take my frustration and anger out on. :srs:

Spark Of Spirit

I just want to know a premiere date, like probably everyone else does.

Foggle

Please don't be another action-figure line...

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It only took 12 long years....:cry:

The fact that it's called FMP IV is a clear indicator that this is a sequel rather than a reboot, and thus the canon story-line will be fully adapted.

I'm just praying that this doesn't suck, though. After spending so much time in development hell, I feel rather weary about how it will turn out and don't want to get too excited until I actually see it for myself. That promotional image of the Arbolest doesn't really tell us much of anything about the actual production-value of this new season.

Lord Dalek

Fall 2017 Yayz.

Made by Xebec.....

Spark Of Spirit