Star Trek

Started by Avaitor, October 16, 2012, 05:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So why is Enterprise coming out on Blu-Ray before DS9?

Also, talk about the franchise here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

Because Enterprise was made in HD silly.

Avaitor

Okay, better question- who's actually going to buy Enterprise on Blu-Ray?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Honey, I don't even have Firefly on Blu-Ray.

Daikun

Live Long and Prosper, Spock.

Foggle

Lord Il

Hearing of Leonard Nimoy's death this afternoon hit me like a grand piano falling from the sky. But I think what hit me even harder was checking out his Twitter account and seeing his last tweet (I'm sure everyone has probably seen it by now) --
Quote"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP."

Considering what happened with me recently, that REALLY hit hard. Maaan...

I give him thanks to all the fun, wonder and intrigue he gave me growing up.
R.I.P. Mr. Nimoy.

And I'm not ashamed to admit that the last part of "The Wrath of Khan" movie still makes me tear up to this day.

Foggle

How can anyone not cry during Wrath of Khan?

Spark Of Spirit

I'm going to have to re-watch it soon. Especially considering the ending.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

RIP.

I really should get into classic Star Trek.

It's one of those things that's been on my to-do list forever.

That said, even though I wasn't acquainted with much of his work, which I know extends beyond just Star Trek, it's always sad to see such a legendary figure pass away.

Lord Il

I was fortunate a couple years ago to had gotten the Blu-ray Motion Picture Trilogy collection as a Christmas gift. It has (in my opinion) three of the better of the classic Trek movies - "The Wrath of Khan", "The Search for Spock", and "The Voyage Home". I guess you could say "The Voyage Home" is now a little more noteworthy since Nimoy directed this one.

gunswordfist

r.i.p. nimoy. i was recently thinking about him and his role in the invasion of the bodysnatchers remake and the monorail simpsons episode. this caught me off guard.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The ST films were removed from my Netflix before I got to IV, so I just ordered a copy of the movie trilogy.

I wanted to watch Wrath of Khan again, anyway.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Il

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 05, 2015, 04:46:03 PM
The ST films were removed from my Netflix before I got to IV, so I just ordered a copy of the movie trilogy.

I wanted to watch Wrath of Khan again, anyway.
Is it any wonder why people have a love/hate relationship with Netflix.  :imnothappy:

Good decision to get the trilogy set, though. Highly recommended.

Spark Of Spirit

Thanks!

I've only seen the first three movies before. Absolutely hated I, thought II was amazing, and III wasn't bad. But I've heard good things about IV so I definitely want to give it a shot.

After that I'll probably just get VI and call it a day.